News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Super Bowl XLVI

Started by Roadmaestro95, January 22, 2012, 11:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's going to win? Pats or Giants?

New York Giants
New England Patriots
Both Lose

Roadmaestro95

Take your pick! I'm picking number two for Eli with a 27-24 victory.  :nod:
Hope everyone is safe!

tdindy88

As a Colts fan...I'm not particularly looking forward to bring the Pats to Indy...but at least we'll get some money out of it. Giants all the way!

Takumi

I was hoping for Harbowl. Guess I'll go with the Giants.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Desert Man

Me, my wife, my mother and the family were all rooting for the 49'ers and of course, didn't like the outcome of the home team here in California lost to the Giants in overtime 20-17. Oh well, the Giants/Patriots matchup is a repeat of the 2008 super bowl, though the Ravens appearance is a rematch of 2001 when the Ravens beats the Giants. I find it more ironic the baseball team in S.F. the Giants lost the 2002 (to the L.A./Anaheim Angels) but won the 2010 world series against the Texas Rangers whom lost again-this time to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

triplemultiplex

Any way they can both lose?
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Alps

Roadmaestro95

The poor Jet fan's worst nightmare for a Super Bowl matchup happening all over again...and only 4 years later!
Hope everyone is safe!

Duke87

Well, I am a Giants fan and I hate the Patriots for a couple of reasons (1. They're from Boston and I'm a Yankee fan, 2. Belichick's experiments in amateur filmmaking) so naturally I have a stake in this game.

But speaking purely objectively, I give the Pats about 60-40 odds.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Darkchylde

Don't really care about this year's Superbowl. The best result would be if both teams somehow found a way to lose it.

1995hoo

Quote from: Takumi on January 22, 2012, 11:40:05 PM
I was hoping for Harbowl. Guess I'll go with the Giants.

Watch the Pro Bowl this Sunday, then. The coaches whose teams lose in the conference championship games become the Pro Bowl coaches (a relic from the old Playoff Bowl "also-ran game").

I don't care who wins, but I'd like to see them break the record for longest pro football game ever, which was a triple-overtime affair in 1984 between the USFL's LA Express and Michigan Panthers. The Express won 27—21 on a touchdown 3:33 into the third overtime. Steve Young and Bobby Hebert both played in that game.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Takumi

Eh, I'll probably be watching the Rolex 24 Sunday instead, unless the game comes on late in the day.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

1995hoo

Turns out they amended the Pro Bowl coaching rule effective in 2009 when they moved the game up by two weeks. Now the coaching staffs come from the highest-seeded team in each conference to lose in the divisional round of the playoffs (second round)–so, this year, the coaching staffs come from Houston and Green Bay. Apparently the rationale is that with the Pro Bowl coming just one week after the conference championship games, it wouldn't be fair to the coaches of the teams who lose in the conference championships to make them coach totally different teams (playing under modified rules, too) on only one week's notice.

formulanone

Quote from: Takumi on January 24, 2012, 12:22:06 PM
Eh, I'll probably be watching the Rolex 24 Sunday instead, unless the game comes on late in the day.

I think the Super Bowl always starts at 6:18pm Eastern or something like that. So unless some gawd-awful accidents occur during the race, they won't overlap.

I don't really care much for either team, probably would just prefer the Giants win because they have 8 losses. One for the so-called record books (where is that big set of books, anyhow...Las Vegas?), I say.

74/171FAN

Quote from: formulanone on January 24, 2012, 12:46:24 PM

I think the Super Bowl always starts at 6:18pm Eastern or something like that. So unless some gawd-awful accidents occur during the race, they won't overlap.

I don't really care much for either team, probably would just prefer the Giants win because they have 8 losses. One for the so-called record books (where is that big set of books, anyhow...Las Vegas?), I say.
No they finished the regular season 9-7.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

1995hoo

Quote from: formulanone on January 24, 2012, 12:46:24 PM

I believe he was referring to the Pro Bowl, which airs this Sunday. See my comment above in response to his comment about the "Harbowl."

Takumi

Yep. The Rolex 24 is this weekend.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeek Adam

It doesn't require much effort to figure out my vote at all for those that know me.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

WillWeaverRVA

Both lose, because I like voting for impossible outcomes. ;)
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Brandon

Quote from: Darkchylde on January 23, 2012, 10:12:43 PM
Don't really care about this year's Superbowl. The best result would be if both teams somehow found a way to lose it.

Most agreed.  I could care less about two teams from the northeast.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Takumi

Turns out I'll be working during the game anyway. Had the Ravens been appearing in it, I might have, you know, cared about such a thing.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Takumi on February 03, 2012, 12:07:37 AM
Turns out I'll be working during the game anyway. Had the Ravens been appearing in it, I might have, you know, cared about such a thing.
My current plans are to be doing homework, not really that much different overall.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

triplemultiplex

I'll be watching out of obligation as an American sports fan.  Even though the teams playing are almost the worst possible combo for me.  My least favorite AFC team against my 3rd least favorite NFC team.  (The Giants take a back seat only to the Bears and Cowboys in that order, as of February 2012.)  (And if the Giants win, they'll be # -2.)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Takumi

I think the only people really excited for this matchup are Giants fans, Pats fans, and ESPN.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

74/171FAN

Quote from: Takumi on February 03, 2012, 11:42:58 PM
I think the only people really excited for this matchup are Giants fans, Pats fans, and ESPN.
Personally I'm excited. I just know that there is no way this game can live up to the game four years ago.  I'll be very hyper if the Patriots lose whether I'm doing school or not.

Roadmaestro95

This game is nothing like four years ago. However, it will finally make all the Jet fans (who are rooting for the PATRIOTS) shut up about who is the real New York team (I thought that would've happened once they were beat in week 16...).
Hope everyone is safe!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.