News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Lake Co, FL: Was there a SR 561A on Lakeshore Dr in the S Clermont Area?

Started by Brian556, February 09, 2015, 09:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

Was there a SR 561A on Lakeshore Dr in the S Clermont Area? I have a 1962 Chamber Of Commerce Map that shows it.

NE2

I have no idea. If you have the patience to chase wild geese, there may be something here: http://officialrecords.lakecountyclerk.org/acclaimweb/search (example: book/page 99/599, 359/421) but I have no tips for how to find it, except to look for name contains "state road" and go through each one.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

florida

I'll raise you an S-565A to your S-561A.

Your map does sound very interesting!!

So many roads...so little time.

NE2

Those dotted routes are what, proposed numbers that were set aside but not necessarily taken over?

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Brian556

Quote from NE2.
QuoteThose dotted routes are what, proposed numbers that were set aside but not necessarily taken over?

Granted these are not my maps, but I think you are right. I have seen similar maps, probably posted by the same person, that showed routes that we know were not taken over/built. For example, one of these maps shows SR S-433 proposed to be extended south across the Wekiva River where the abandoned bridge sits today.

As for my original question on SR 561A, I'm thinking that it was proposed, but not taken over, since it does not appear on other maps after 1962.

florida

Yes, the dotted lines are 'planned' routes.

There are also maps for the 4di routes. I do not have copies of those.....yet.
So many roads...so little time.

NE2

Bump.

https://fdot.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=072cce2bbd4d4b1b9fa18f68df387058 shows that a short piece at the Palatlakaha River bridge was in fact 561A. The 1962-64 biennial report shows it was built in 1962. And then county board minutes from 1965 label it all 561A from 561 to Clermont limits! Later that year it was returned to the county for maintenance - as was 438 from 25 to Orange County (confirmation of it being 438)!

PS: 1971 minutes appear to show it as 561B.

PPS: Lake County minutes search; it helps to have the section number (5 digits beginning with 11).

PPPS: 567 confirmed!

Quote from: florida on February 11, 2015, 10:47:18 AM
I'll raise you an S-565A to your S-561A.

Your map does sound very interesting!!

These routes do seem to match what was planned in the final days of the secondary system, but not necessarily completed before that system was eliminated. Do you know where I can find the full maps?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.