News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Button copy within roughly 50 miles of Pittsburgh?

Started by Breadman17, September 02, 2021, 09:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadman17

I've been spending some of my pastime trying to find button copy around pittsburgh these last couple months after discovering on the Birmingham bridge that yes, it is still around here. However at this point I've been to a bunch of spots and I feel like I'm starting to run out of new spots to visit so can I get some help to go see it?

Major locations for button copy I've been to include:
Locations up PA-28's interchanges beyond the PA turnpike and under the highland park bridge
I-376 East below Rochester
Weirton
Birmingham Bridge
Boulevard of the Allies
I-376 Eastbound entrance 77
US-22 approaching the eastern terminus of I-376
I-376 Exits 42 and 45 westbound
River Avenue in North Shore
Haymaker Rd in Monroeville

I'm really not sure where else to look but I'm 150% sure there is more out there. Does anybody know of any more in this area that I can go visit? My dad's said before that he's seen some in the Oakland/South Side Flats area that is NOT on the Birmingham Bridge, but he doesn't remember where they are and both of us have yet to find them. Does anyone here know of these signs and if so can you point me in the direction of them?
ASU or bust!!!

SkyPesos

I think there may be a button copy or two in the Wheeling area (barely makes your 50 mile limit). Not sure about the status of it now, as Ohio have been rapidly replacing a lot of its button copy signage the past few years.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I don't know where in Pittsburgh the OP lives, but just drawing a 50 mile radius from the "golden triangle" covers Oh 7 & Oh 11 from Bridgeport/Wheeling to Youngstown. One will find button copy along there.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

tylert120

There are button copy signs left just off the Natrona Heights exit on 28 (signs for Kittanning and Pittsburgh) and just off the Millerstown exit on 28 (same signs). Most of the signs here were upgraded during the 28 paving project a few years ago, but these ones were not.

Mapmikey

If you're willing to expand some, there are still a few button copy signs on US 50 WB approaching I-79 in Clarksburg WV (as of late August)

Bitmapped

Quote from: Mapmikey on September 06, 2021, 07:52:23 AM
If you're willing to expand some, there are still a few button copy signs on US 50 WB approaching I-79 in Clarksburg WV (as of late August)

These signs are not long for this world. There is an active sign replacement project on I-79 that will replace these signs.

Breadman17

Quote from: Bitmapped on September 06, 2021, 08:12:02 AM

These signs are not long for this world. There is an active sign replacement project on I-79 that will replace these signs.

No way... I got lucky as I visited these ones on my way to North Carolina last time I went down there. I got pictures of them and if i knew how to send pictures here I totally would  :-(
ASU or bust!!!

hbelkins

Quote from: Breadman17 on September 06, 2021, 02:21:09 PM

No way... I got lucky as I visited these ones on my way to North Carolina last time I went down there. I got pictures of them and if i knew how to send pictures here I totally would  :-(

There's one button copy sign on the I-79 main line (at the WV 58 exit northbound) that I am amazed has survived this long.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Breadman17

Quote from: hbelkins on September 06, 2021, 09:41:32 PM
Quote from: Breadman17 on September 06, 2021, 02:21:09 PM

There's one button copy sign on the I-79 main line (at the WV 58 exit northbound) that I am amazed has survived this long.

Holy crap you're right. I cant believe I've never seen this one prior because I've been by this's sign a number of times on trips to the Carolinas. I'll have to look out for it next time
ASU or bust!!!

rickmastfan67

I honestly can't think of any more in the immediate Pgh area than you already listed.

It's too bad you weren't hunting for this signage 3-4 years ago, as there was still some around the old Civic Arena site.  Heck, there was still even one on mainline SB I-279 till 2017, as well as in the HOV lanes if you knew where to look till they replaced them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.