R.I.P. Eric Carmen

Started by The Ghostbuster, March 12, 2024, 06:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

Today, I received word that 70s and 80s rock star Eric Carmen died at age 74. Carmen was lead singer of The Raspberries in the 1970s (as well as a reunion tour in 2004-2005), whom were known for songs like: "Go All the Way", "Let's Pretend", "I Wanna Be with You", "Tonight", and "Overnight Sensation (Hit Record)". He also had a solo career after the Raspberries broke up in 1975, releasing six solo albums, which featured songs like "All by Myself", "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again", "She Did It", "Hungry Eyes" (from the soundtrack to Dirty Dancing), and "Make Me Lose Control". I enjoyed his music and bid farewell to Eric Howard Carmen.

Henry

Truly one of the best singers to ever grace the airwaves in the 70s and 80s, especially on soft rock stations like WLIT (now 93.9 Lite FM). RIP Eric Carmen
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Hot Rod Hootenanny

A little less rock in Cleveland now.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

roadman65

When I first heard Never Gonna Fall In Love Again I thought it was Paul McCartney singing that particular track as he, for some reason, sounded more like the ex Beatle than himself.

Another artist leaves us as the road of life moves forward to take another person who happens to be famous and in our lives for decades.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

He was the man who gave us "I Wanna Hear That It Bips."
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

triplemultiplex

Definitely misread the name in this thread title.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Max Rockatansky

Oh my god, they killed Cartman!  You bastards!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.