News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

FL-9A (Future I-295) Exit numbers

Started by rickmastfan67, June 24, 2009, 10:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Hey guys.  I'm wondering, has anybody been able to find out what exit number JTB (FL-202) will be on FL-9A (Future I-295)?  When I was last down in that area (February '08), every exit had the exit number painted on each shoulder right before each ramp.  The only exits to lack it were JTB's and Future FL-9B.

As of right now, I tentatively have JTB as Exit #53, but it could be Exit #54.  The reason I'm saying this is that the exit for the University of North Florida and the Gate Parkway interchanges have a gap of 3 miles Exit Number wise.  UNFL's exit was #52 and Gate's was #55.  So, you can see why I'm confused.  Because to me, it seems it's only about 2 miles between those exits.

Anyways, if anybody knows what that exit number for JTB might be, I would be greatly appreciated if you can tell me.  I can provide a picture on how FDOT posts them so you can spot it on the shoulder if it isn't posted on a BGS yet.

Thanks again.

EDIT: Here's the complete list that I complied back in 2007 when the exit numbers first showed up on the shoulders:

Exit #35 I-95 (End I-295)
=====
Exit #36 US-17
Exit #37 Pulaski Rd
Exit #40 Alta Dr
Exit #42 FL-105
Exit #45 FL-113 (Southside Connector)
Exit #46 Merrill Rd
Exit #47 Monument Rd
Exit #48 FL-10
Exit #49 St. John's Bluff Rd
Exit #51 US-90
Exit #52 University of North Florida Dr
Exit #?? FL-202 (maybe #53 or #54)
Exit #55 Gate Parkway
Exit #56 Baymeadows Rd
Exit #?? Future FL-9B/I-795 (estimated Exit #58)
Exit #60 US-1
=====
Exit #61 I-95 (Start I-295)

FLRoads

The future exit number for the JTB exit will indeed be Exit 53. I contacted a guy with FDOT back in January and he sent me a pdf with the exit numbers. Also, the Future FL 9B Y-interchange will be Exit 58. Here is the pdf showing all the exits:

Hope this helps  :cool: Sorry for it being a little fuzzy...

agentsteel53

I see a marker for state route 5 there.  Is it signed in Jacksonville at all independently of US-1?

also, any state route N shields for I-10 past I-95?  I forget what its reference number is (8? 10?)
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

FLRoads

No for both inquires. FL 5 is not signed anywhere in the Jacksonville area. And the only exposed hidden state route is FL 10, the hidden route for U.S. 90.

agentsteel53

I could've sworn there was a 5 shield somewhere in the West Palm Beach area.  I'll see if I have a photo.

(how the Hell do you spell the contracted form of "could have"?  I am not finding a spelling that Firefox's spellcheck finds acceptable.)

jake@aaroads.com

FLRoads

There might be on e in WPB...

Could've...

agentsteel53

firefox needs to have that word added to its vocabulary.

I'll have to find my photo of the 5.  If I even have one and am not imagining it!

jake@aaroads.com

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 25, 2009, 10:30:46 PM
No for both inquires. FL 5 is not signed anywhere in the Jacksonville area. And the only exposed hidden state route is FL 10, the hidden route for U.S. 90.

Incorrect.  There is a FL-5 shield posted along US-17.  Been there since at least 1995 and was still there as of February 2008.

And flaroadgeek, your attachment isn't showing up for me. :(  Anyway you can e-mail it to me?  PM me and I'll provide you with my e-mail address.  Or since you're an Admin, I know you can already see it, lol, so you have my permission to send it to me via that e-mail. ;)

FLRoads

Where did you see the FL 5 shield?? I've been there many times and don't recall any, so that is why I said that none were posted. The only area I can think of where one could be is in the southern areas of town near Interstate 295. I do know that there are FL 5 shields on the overhead signs along Interstate 295 at that interchange with U.S. 17.

I will send you a PM with the attachment, but you should be able to see it on the screen. I can see the post with the jpg fine.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 25, 2009, 11:57:15 PM
Where did you see the FL 5 shield?? I've been there many times and don't recall any, so that is why I said that none were posted. The only area I can think of where one could be is in the southern areas of town near Interstate 295. I do know that there are FL 5 shields on the overhead signs along Interstate 295 at that interchange with U.S. 17.

It's in Oceanway.  I have a picture of it, so let me hunt around for it.

I will send you a PM with the attachment, but you should be able to see it on the screen. I can see the post with the jpg fine.

I don't know why I can't see it.  All I get is a big red "X". :-/
EDIT: I forced it to load another way, so I have a copy of it so you don't need to send it to me. ;)

Alps

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 25, 2009, 10:30:46 PM
Not to break off on too much of a tangent, but where IS FL 5 signed?  The only place I saw it from Pompano Beach southward was at one Key West intersection on an overhead street sign.

FLRoads

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 26, 2009, 12:01:28 AM

EDIT: I forced it to load another way, so I have a copy of it so you don't need to send it to me. ;)

Heh, I was sending you an email when you wrote your response! So you will get a copy of it. Is is signed north or southbound? I've driven through there before but cannot recollect it for the life of me...of course I've been having one of those kinds of days where I have CRS...

rickmastfan67

Quote from: flaroadgeek on June 26, 2009, 12:09:31 AM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on June 26, 2009, 12:01:28 AM

Heh, I was sending you an email when you wrote your response! So you will get a copy of it. Is is signed north or southbound? I've driven through there before but cannot recollect it for the life of me...of course I've been having one of those kinds of days where I have CRS...

It's on a side road.  Here's the picture of it:

(Taken on 01/16/05)

The US-17 shield & the arrows were reflective, but the FL-5 shield wasn't.

====

Also, with that PDF you sent me flaroadgeek, I noticed something interesting.  I never knew that FDOT gave International Airport Blvd a route number.   Here, I always thought it was an un-numbered route.  According to that PDF, it's FL-243.  Wonder if they'll ever post shields in the field for it!!

florida

SR 15 is on a BGS on SB I-295 at US 17 in Orange Park.

There are indeed SR 5 shields in WPB, on Olive between US 1 in Lantana and maybe FL 704 or so in downtown.  It still had FL 5 shields on it, one older type with a tall, thick font on it and the current font shields. A question I asked District 4 back in 2007:

"2. On the Olive Ave section of State Road 5, is State Road 5 only statemaintained, in two sections, between State Road 80 and Belvedere Road andfrom US 1 in Lantana to Gregory Road?

Answer: Olive Ave from the WPB Canal north to Palm Beach Lakes Blvd. istransferring to the City of WPB. The remaining segment maintained by FDOTis Olive Ave from SR-80 to Belvedere Rd. This segment is expected totransfer to the City in the near future."

FL 243 is one of the newer state routes, added in '06? FL 102 was and is the original airport route from I-95, but guess they figured I-295 needed a state maintained connection too. I've been wanting to see if it's been signed or not for a long time!

I did see a photo someone had of FL 212 co-signed with US 90.
So many roads...so little time.

FLRoads

When I took International Airport Boulevard back in July 2008, it was not signed from Airport Road to Interstate 295. Here are the only signs I took pictures of while in and around the airport:

The first guide sign along eastbound Airport Road approaching International Airport Boulevard, still within the Jacksonville International Airport. Note the guide signs are white lettering on blue background, typical of the airport signage. Photo taken 07/20/08.

Now approaching the exit for International Airport Boulevard on eastbound Airport Road. Note that the guide signs are now standard. Like the previous sign, there is no indication that this is Florida 243, only that the road leads motorists to Interstate 295 and Interstate 10. Photo taken 07/20/08.

If anyone can check it out now and see if it is signed, that would be cool. I always like to see new state road shields.

florida

With time it will be signed  :evilgrin:

Should add, that part of it used to be CR 110.

rickmastfan67

You know, I'm amazed they have even posted FL-102.  It shows up nowhere on any of the BGS's on I-95 and it just has one shield after the intersection with Duval Road going toward the Airport.  So, I don't have much faith that FL-243 will even be posted. :(

florida

It could probably end up with a couple of shields like SR 102; 102 is just under 2 miles, and 243 is 2 1/4 miles, it should be signed....eventually.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: florida on June 27, 2009, 04:05:19 AM
It could probably end up with a couple of shields like SR 102; 102 is just under 2 miles, and 243 is 2 1/4 miles, it should be signed....eventually.

I only recall 1 shield total for FL-102.

Bryant5493

Quick Question -- Is S.R. 9A really far below current Interstate standards, with respect to lane width, shoulder width, exit/entrance lane length?

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

FLRoads

QuoteQuick Question -- Is S.R. 9A really far below current Interstate standards, with respect to lane width, shoulder width, exit/entrance lane length?

It is not below interstate standards at all. The last portion that contained a traffic light was at the Florida 202 (J T Butler) interchange but that has been fully upgraded to a high speed interchange as well. The freeway has the typical widths that most other interstates in Florida do. Hope this answers your question!

Bryant5493

^^ Thanks, flaroadgeek, that answers my question.

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

FLRoads

No problem!!  :cool:

I wish I could get some time to head over to the Jacksonville area but now that I am on the opposite end of the state it makes getting there that much more difficult. I will try and take a weekend though once they place all the signage so I can FINALLY see the complete beltway labeled as Interstate 295. It's hidden route has been exposed for way too long...

treichard

When will the I-295 signs go up? Shortly after the next AASHTO meeting this year?
Map your cumulative highway travel
Clinched Highway Mapping
http://cmap.m-plex.com/

FLRoads

Bidding is suppose to go out sometime next month with implementation of the signage by Spring 2010. Hopefully it does not take that long to see some new signs :no:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.