Regional Boards > Southeast

NC I-140 news

(1/8) > >>

Mapmikey:
NC 140 has been officially assigned to the built and unbuilt portions of all of I-140 plus the US 17 freeway east of I-40:

https://connect.ncdot.gov/resources/safety/Route%20Changes/2015_01_14.pdf

Notable within this is the fact that I-140 will be requested by NCDOT for the ENTIRE freeway at some point.  It also describes US 17's presence on this freeway as UNOFFICIAL.

Curious if they will post NC 140 shields alongside existing I-140 postings...

Mapmikey

WashuOtaku:

--- Quote from: Mapmikey on February 15, 2015, 01:36:46 PM ---NC 140 has been officially assigned to the built and unbuilt portions of all of I-140 plus the US 17 freeway east of I-40:

https://connect.ncdot.gov/resources/safety/Route%20Changes/2015_01_14.pdf

Notable within this is the fact that I-140 will be requested by NCDOT for the ENTIRE freeway at some point.  It also describes US 17's presence on this freeway as UNOFFICIAL.

Curious if they will post NC 140 shields alongside existing I-140 postings...

Mapmikey

--- End quote ---

The US 17 is unofficial on the National Truck Network, not on the bypass.

I would imagine NCDOT will sign it all.

rickmastfan67:
So, I'm just curious, but has anybody been able to check to see if they have posted NC-140 shields along the I-140 segment yet?

bob7374:

--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 27, 2015, 01:25:17 AM ---So, I'm just curious, but has anybody been able to check to see if they have posted NC-140 shields along the I-140 segment yet?

--- End quote ---
Hopefully, this will not be the case. The designation of NC 140 over the entire Bypass is, hopefully, just a bureaucratic exercise to make it officially one continuous route instead of two distinctly separated sections. And, as stated, this is a temporary designation until the entire Bypass is designated as I-140. Hopefully, that happens before the last section under construction is completed, and there will be no need for additional NC 140 signs.

rickmastfan67:

--- Quote from: bob7374 on May 27, 2015, 10:01:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: rickmastfan67 on May 27, 2015, 01:25:17 AM ---So, I'm just curious, but has anybody been able to check to see if they have posted NC-140 shields along the I-140 segment yet?

--- End quote ---
Hopefully, this will not be the case. The designation of NC 140 over the entire Bypass is, hopefully, just a bureaucratic exercise to make it officially one continuous route instead of two distinctly separated sections. And, as stated, this is a temporary designation until the entire Bypass is designated as I-140. Hopefully, that happens before the last section under construction is completed, and there will be no need for additional NC 140 signs.

--- End quote ---

Hope so.  Anyways, if it was posted, I did want to update OSM with that info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version