Regional Boards > Southeast

I-26

(1/7) > >>

mightyace:
I was on this directionally challenged highway last weekend.  (My brother and I used it as an end-around Bristol traffic and to go to Carowinds near Charlotte.  As an aside, Carowinds straddles the NC/SC border! :wow:)

We stayed west of Asheville near Canton, NC and went up to the track via I-26 to US 321 near Johnson City, TN.  On the way to Carowinds, we went exit 66 (I think) where US 74 breaks off I-26.

My question is this.  I noticed that I-26 was still signed as "FUTURE I-26" from where it left I-240 pretty much to the Tennessee border.  Does anybody know when the necessary upgrades will be done so that the "FUTURE" tag is removed from that section of the route?

froggie:
According to NCDOT's project website, we're still looking at close to 10 years...

mightyace:
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

One interesting thing that I saw after glancing at some of the Public Hearing maps is that they ALL labeled I-26 as North-South!  :pan:

Chris:
Is I-26 signed East-West or North-South? Because it actually runs more north-south than E-W.

mightyace:

--- Quote from: Chris on August 30, 2009, 05:33:10 AM ---Is I-26 signed East-West or North-South? Because it actually runs more north-south than E-W.

--- End quote ---

As all even numbered 2-di's are it is signed East-West.  I-40 in NC and (Future) I-74 have significant North-South running as well.  Plus, when I-85 (signed North-South) enters the state it is running essentially east-west.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version