Regional Boards > Southeast

US-341 Northern End has been shortened.

(1/2) > >>

rickmastfan67:
I was just working on double checking some of my US Routes that I created for the Clinched Highway Project for Georgia, and I came across US-341 being shortened.  At first, I noticed a new bypass on the East side of Barnesville, GA with the US-41 shields on it.  So, I naturally checked StreetView to see if it was another "Google messup" on the shields.  However, Google was right in this.  I don't ever recall GDOT requesting this change with the AASHTO.

Anyways, US-341 now ends here: StreetView

US-41 takes over the US-341 routing up to the old end of US-341.  The intown route of US-41 seems to have been turned over to the locals there because I couldn't find any "Business US-41" shields or "Business GA-18" shields.

Bryant5493:
Wow, I haven't been down to Barnesville in quite sometime. Might have to go and see that change.

Be well,

Bryant

usends:
If anyone goes, it would be great if you could get photos, and send them to me, so I can update usends.com.

rickmastfan67:
Man, it was a good thing I found this before Google started using their own data.  The new bypass has been stripped from the maps. lol.

Thus, I've reported it to them. lol.

Bryant5493:
This is a real-time video through the City of Barnesville and Lamar County, showing Old U.S. 41, U.S. 41 and where the shortened U.S. 341 begins.

Click link to see video:

Barnesville, Georgia

Be well,

Bryant

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version