Regional Boards > Southeast

Charlotte

<< < (2/49) > >>

Henry:

--- Quote from: Third Strike on October 16, 2015, 05:34:22 PM ---Probably has a lot to do with the fact that I-77 is only two lanes on each side until it reaches I-485. Not to mention the interstate and intrastate commuters coming from Virginia and points north, along with I-40. Similar situation with I-77 in south Charlotte heading north. It is almost always backed up.

--- End quote ---
Probably because it is closer to the center city than I-85 is.

--- Quote from: brownpelican on October 16, 2015, 06:59:12 PM ---You are correct. HOT lanes are coming to 77 north of Charlotte, I believe.

--- End quote ---
And if a widening should occur south of there, they should build HOT lanes on that stretch as well.

WashuOtaku:

--- Quote from: Henry on October 20, 2015, 12:36:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: brownpelican on October 16, 2015, 06:59:12 PM ---You are correct. HOT lanes are coming to 77 north of Charlotte, I believe.

--- End quote ---
And if a widening should occur south of there, they should build HOT lanes on that stretch as well.

--- End quote ---

That is actually planned.

Mileage Mike:
The planned rebuilding of I-77 from Uptown to the SC state line will be the single largest and most complicated project ever undertaken by the NCDOT. All bridges will have to be torn down and replaced along with a large amount of commercial property purchased. Right now they're talking about 2 additional toll lanes added on each side bringing the total highway to 10 lanes with construction starting in 2024. Possible costs might exceed $1B.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/article12316673.html

brownpelican:
Good to see that 77 in Charlotte will match 77 in York County.

CanesFan27:
As they say, "Charlotte's got a lot".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version