Regional Boards > Southeast

Future Interstate 587 (Zebulon-Greenville)

<< < (78/88) > >>

sprjus4:

--- Quote from: Rover_0 on August 09, 2021, 03:53:49 PM ---Iíve gotten an email from the USRNC contact, and they said that they are in the process of adding the 2016-present USRNC decisions onto the big database sometime later this month.

CORRECTION: The USRNC member emailed me a PDF with the final decisions. Hopefully this link works. Among the changes confirmed are:

I-587 in North Carolina has been conditionally approved.

--- End quote ---
The AASHTO has approved the designation of Interstate 587 along US-264 between I-95 and US-264 / NC-11 Bypass in Wilson and Pitt County at their Spring 2021 meeting. Furthermore, according to Page 12, the FHWA has also approved.

My guess is now, NCDOT will likely be signing the highway in the coming months.

"North-South"  X-(

LM117:
I'm not holding my breath, but I really hope NCDOT changes it's mind about signing it N/S instead of E/W. Surely, somebody there has to realize how ridiculous it is. I-587 is about as N/S as I-95 is E/W.

"To get to Raleigh from here, take I-587 North to Zebulon, then hop on I-87 South..."

roadman65:
I wonder if theyíll drop US 264 once it gets done. Itís a one stater and doesnít go very far.

WashuOtaku:

--- Quote from: roadman65 on August 12, 2021, 04:05:40 PM ---I wonder if theyíll drop US 264 once it gets done. Itís a one stater and doesnít go very far.

--- End quote ---

I believe it will revert back to its original alignment, which the current alternate route travels along; because in AASHTO eyes, the mainline and alternate routes are of equal weight. Of course, would need AASHTO approval.

LM117:

--- Quote from: sprjus4 on August 10, 2021, 02:43:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: Rover_0 on August 09, 2021, 03:53:49 PM ---Iíve gotten an email from the USRNC contact, and they said that they are in the process of adding the 2016-present USRNC decisions onto the big database sometime later this month.

CORRECTION: The USRNC member emailed me a PDF with the final decisions. Hopefully this link works. Among the changes confirmed are:

I-587 in North Carolina has been conditionally approved.

--- End quote ---
The AASHTO has approved the designation of Interstate 587 along US-264 between I-95 and US-264 / NC-11 Bypass in Wilson and Pitt County at their Spring 2021 meeting. Furthermore, according to Page 12, the FHWA has also approved.
--- End quote ---

AASHTO has posted all the applications they received for the spring 2021 meeting. NCDOT's application for I-587 can be seen on pages 99 thru 105:

https://route.transportation.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/50/2021/08/USRN-Applications_Compiled_2021.pdf

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version