Regional Boards > Southeast

From the north along I-95 to Tampa Bay/ SW Florida

<< < (3/5) > >>

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: ran4sh on May 12, 2021, 04:31:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: 1995hoo on May 12, 2021, 09:19:50 AM ---
If we drive the whole way and we aren't going to stop near Jacksonville, I sometimes head across to I-75 further north. A few years ago Mapmikey suggested using Georgia's Fall Line Expressway from Augusta to Macon. It was a good route (and it is substantially more complete now than it was then), so I've been thinking about going that way again. We connect to Augusta via either I-77 or I-95 to I-20.

--- End quote ---

This is getting off topic but IMO I wouldn't use the Fall Line "freeway" to go from Augusta to Macon. Instead I would use I-20 leaving Augusta to GA 44 (exit 130, Greensboro), then take GA 44 to US 129 to Macon.

--- End quote ---

I might do that someday when I have more free time because Iíd like to visit the Uncle Remus Museum in Eatonton.

1995hoo:
Coming south today, our visit in Lake Asbury was postponed because our friend is moving, so I took I-10 west to US-301, then south (including Alt 301 around Starke) to FL-326 (I actually took the turn before that, 77th Street, due to a clump of slow trucks and a red light). This was a very good route; the 70-mph Starke bypass is a nice road, and overall traffic was so light that getting back on the Interstate was a bummer. Note there is a big construction project underway on I-10 at the US-301 interchange. Not sure what theyíre doing, and it didnít really delay us, but the temporary signage appeared to confuse a trucker who swerved at the last minute and almost caused a wreck.

NJRoadfan:
I've noticed that temporary construction zone signing in FL can be hit or miss (no pun intended). The signing for the I-95 north on-ramp from I-295 north/outer loop north of Jacksonville is atrocious at the moment.

D-Dey65:
The last time I drove through Orlando, I didn't avoid I-4 at all.

btl1016:
The I-4 Orlando plague has sadly spread beyond Orlando. I-4 between I-75 and the Polk Parkway West exit is also a disaster anymore, specifically near all of the Plant City exits. I have to drive from the Orlando area to Pinellas County this weekend and Iím expecting a 3+ hour minimum drive with 2 major accidents along I-4. Sometime my GPS has told me itís only 10 mins longer to take the Turnpike all the way up to CR-470 in Sumter County and take it over to I-75 to get to the Tampa Bay Area with all the Traffic on I-4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version