Regional Boards > Southeast

SunPass "Pro"

(1/4) > >>

edwaleni:
Billboards have started popping up about SunPass "Pro". A toll device good across multiple state.

SunPass PRO is a portable transponder that works in Florida, Georgia and everywhere E-ZPass is accepted. SunPass PRO offers drivers the convenience of paying tolls automatically from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois, allowing nonstop travel with just one toll account.

SunPass PRO is a product of SunPass, Florida’s Prepaid Toll Program.

https://www.sunpass.com/en/about/pro.shtml

Does anyone have this and is it worth it over just a regular SunPass, which I thought a single transponder was enough?

jdunlop:

--- Quote from: edwaleni on July 26, 2021, 09:40:28 AM ---Billboards have started popping up about SunPass "Pro". A toll device good across multiple state.

SunPass PRO is a portable transponder that works in Florida, Georgia and everywhere E-ZPass is accepted. SunPass PRO offers drivers the convenience of paying tolls automatically from Florida to Maine and west to Illinois, allowing nonstop travel with just one toll account.

SunPass PRO is a product of SunPass, Florida’s Prepaid Toll Program.

https://www.sunpass.com/en/about/pro.shtml

Does anyone have this and is it worth it over just a regular SunPass, which I thought a single transponder was enough?

--- End quote ---

If you don't drive outside of Florida, no reason to get the new pass.  However, if you do drive in other tolled states, then it's good to have only one transmitter.

I believe before this, the NC SmartPass was the only one that worked in all "eastern" states (Florida to Illinois.)  EZ-Pass didn't work in Florida and Georgia, and I think still doesn't work in Georgia.

froggie:
I guess Florida didn't get the memo that Minnesota's joining EZPass come 8/2...

1995hoo:

--- Quote from: froggie on July 26, 2021, 09:54:04 AM ---I guess Florida didn't get the memo that Minnesota's joining EZPass come 8/2...

--- End quote ---

The information they released was correct at the time (still is, actually, per the date noted in your post)....

Incidentally, in the discussion of this issue in the "Florida" thread, somebody mentioned that Georgia apparently also plans to become E-ZPass compatible by the end of this year.

froggie:
I would argue that the planned expansion of the EZPass network would be a further selling point for SunPass Pro instead of just being ignored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version