News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florence, Al highways

Started by rcm195, July 31, 2011, 08:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcm195

I have a question I've wondered about for some time. What is the long term plans for the federal and state highways in the Florence, Al area? How will connecting roads be tied into the new bridge over the Tenn. River? Will US 43 be moved in the future to go over this bridge? And will there be a "new" US 43 route above Russeville and Littleville? Sorry, that's more than one question.

codyg1985

I have heard that once AL 133 (Wilson Dam Rd) is widened all the way south to AL 20/Alt US 72 and a connector road is finished between there and US 43 north of Littleville that US 43 will be relocated onto Wilson Dam Rd to cross the Patton Island Bridge. So in reference to your question, yes, I think the plan is to move US 43 once improvements are made.

I have noticed that AL 157 has sort of been relocated onto AL 133 between AL 20/Alt US 72 and US 43/72 (Florence Blvd). It is signed on the south end but last time I went through there there weren't any additional signs for that. I believe it is still signed along US 43/72 (Woodward Blvd) in Muscle Shoals.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.