News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

The 1-2-3 Road Sign CHALLENGE!!

Started by paulthemapguy, April 12, 2016, 10:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chays

This guy is determined. FM-2364 at night by bmcdonau

kphoger

I could have gotten a better picture of this back in March, but I had other things on my mind.

Texas FM-2365

[By Eric Stove on okroads]
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

formulanone

Texas no longer has a 2366; the Farm to Market route was cancelled in 2006 (located near Eagle Pass).

Kentucky cancelled their State Highway 2366 five years later, in 2011 (it was in Boone County).

Does anyone have photos of these routes?

There's no A/B roads in UK's Zone 3 near that number (last was 2300, next is 2500).

I found "CR 2366" on a street blade in northern Texas. Here's another one, near Liberty, Texas.

Any Virginia Secondary routes?

chays

I thought we were at the end, as well, but I found a road in Spain: SG-V 2336 (Segovia).

Courtesy of stock photo site fotosearch.com

chays

Back to the Texas bikers and bmcdonau with FM-2367

formulanone

Well, that saved the thread!

FM 2368 by bmcdonau:

chays

formulanone

Kentucky 2370 near Maysville:

Alex

FWIW, there are numerous posts where "photo unavailable" from Photobucket shows up instead of the shield shot. I was 30 pages behind and going through there are series of 3 posts in a row where the photo hotlinked was removed.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

chays

Quote from: Alex on May 21, 2020, 09:46:47 AM
FWIW, there are numerous posts where "photo unavailable" from Photobucket shows up instead of the shield shot. I was 30 pages behind and going through there are series of 3 posts in a row where the photo hotlinked was removed.
That's not surprising, I guess. While I would love to have the preservation of photos forever, I think the spirit of the challenge is the fact that at some singular point we were able to find a sign with a route number on it. Unfortunately, the reliance of 3rd party hosting sites puts us at the mercy of their users.

hbelkins

Quote from: chays on May 21, 2020, 01:43:25 PM
Quote from: Alex on May 21, 2020, 09:46:47 AM
That's not surprising, I guess. While I would love to have the preservation of photos forever, I think the spirit of the challenge is the fact that at some singular point we were able to find a sign with a route number on it. Unfortunately, the reliance of 3rd party hosting sites puts us at the mercy of their users.

Not only that, but my domain now seems to be lost in the ether. I had issues renewing it back in the fall, and while it appears that text on the pages still loads, the photos do not. Therefore, anything I ever linked to here from a millenniumhwy.net page, will show a broken image.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

chays

formulanone

Summer storms approaching FM 2373 on I-40 by okroads:

DSC08957 by Eric Stuve, on Flickr

chays

chays

chays

formulanone

Buffalo at TWT with FM 2377:

kphoger

Texas FM-2378

This from AARoads, but the original was so tiny, I had to blow it up and save it elsewhere.
Male pronouns, please.

chays

chays

chays

formulanone

chays

formulanone

okroads with FM 2384 on US 287:

DSC00066 by Eric Stuve, on Flickr

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.