News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Sites for exit lists with BGSes

Started by TheGrassGuy, December 10, 2019, 02:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGrassGuy

Where can I find more websites like this?

-NJ Freeways. I particularly like this one because it contains proposed additions in grayscale.
http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/njfreeways/index.html

-NYSRoads
http://www.nysroads.com/exit-lists.php

-PA Freeways. I like how you can click on the shields at interchanges.
https://www.pahighways.com/exits/

There used to be one for Delaware, though sadly I can't find it anymore. Perhaps someone has the link through Wayback Machine?
If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

jeffandnicole

As the internet evolved, most people that maintained lists like this, including myself, quit updating the lists. Even the links you provided are very out of date, possibly by 17 years for Ray Martin's page, for example.

They were fun while the fun lasted, but most people who created these pages moved onto other things.

Henry

IIRC, Dan Moraseski (SPUI) had one such website as well.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Brandon

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 11, 2019, 02:16:59 AM
As the internet evolved, most people that maintained lists like this, including myself, quit updating the lists. Even the links you provided are very out of date, possibly by 17 years for Ray Martin's page, for example.

They were fun while the fun lasted, but most people who created these pages moved onto other things.

Yep, it was like, the thing to do in roadgeekdom during the later 1990s.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: Henry on December 11, 2019, 10:26:00 AM
IIRC, Dan Moraseski (SPUI) had one such website as well.
Wasn't he the one who ran exitlists.com? I heard that site had to be deleted due to copyright issues, and the sites linked above were some of the victims.

Exitlists.com currently links to some French-English website full of exit guides, most of which are unfinished. Is this the same website?

vdeane

Quote from: jeffandnicole on December 11, 2019, 02:16:59 AM

I still maintain mine, though I do admit it can be a bit of work.  I find quite a few changes every year between linked photos/street view, my travels, and news articles - not to mention that most of the information is available on Wikipedia, albeit not nearly as pretty.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

froggie

I still have mine (plus Mike's old Triskele pages).  Though I haven't touched them in years.

hbelkins

Mine will be back, if Millennium Highway ever gets back online, but they haven't been updated in eons and I periodically think about deleting them. I never did get to finish at least one route, and others have had exits added to them that I never got around to adding.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheGrassGuy

Quote from: froggie on December 11, 2019, 01:14:26 PM
I still have mine (plus Mike's old Triskele pages).  Though I haven't touched them in years.
Link please

Henry

Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Scott5114

These days, if you really want to look at every BGS on a route, with a little bit of research you can usually go on the DOT website and track down the actual plan sheets for the real signs. If that's not legitimate enough, some DOTs (I know WSDOT in particular does) have public photologs of their routes, like a higher-quality GSV.

And of course there's GSV itself.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.