News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Counting Their Chickens Before They Hatch: Roads Edition

Started by planxtymcgillicuddy, April 04, 2020, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: GenExpwy on April 27, 2020, 05:22:35 AM
^^^^ Yeah, it’s a glitch in the Matrix. Notice that the woods on either side of the “two expressways” are identical.

I hadn't noticed that, but I do believe you are right.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

skquinn

Quote from: planxtymcgillicuddy on April 04, 2020, 06:31:31 PM
What are some instances of cities/towns/states/etc building up a highway only for the plans to change? One such example I can think of is in Illinois; several stretches of U.S. 50 feature exits and four-lane bridges, yet very little of it is actually four lanes. The abandoned bridge sections/wide ROW is because IL was banking on turning U.S. 50 into I-64 before it got its routing farther south

The I-610/TX 225 interchange in the Houston area comes to mind: full stack interchange, then the freeway (going west from Pasadena) ends right after. The original plan (I think) was either for TX 225 to go into downtown as well or merge into I-45 (US 75 at the time?) but it never materialized.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.