News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Former US Route 101 in Ukiah

Started by Max Rockatansky, March 10, 2021, 04:35:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Before 1965 the alignment of US Route 101 and the Redwood Highway was on State Street through the City of Ukiah.  Given Ukiah is the Mendocino County Seat it is the junction of numerous State Highway corridors.   This blog started out with just US Route 101 on State Street in mind but I thought it was worth while to add stubs pertaining to; California State Route 20 being realigned north of Lake Mendocino, California State Route 222 on Talmage Road and California State Route 253 on Boonville-Ukiah Road:

https://www.gribblenation.org/2021/03/former-us-route-101-on-state-street-in.html

nexus73

Ukiah is best remembered by me for a meal at a higher end place called The House Of Garner back in the 80's.  I also stayed at a motel in Ukiah that time too.  It seemed like a quiet city.

What is it like in Ukiah these days?  Oregon has a tiny hamlet called Ukiah in the eastern part of the state.

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.