News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What projects might the Infrastructure Bill help fund?

Started by OCGuy81, April 02, 2021, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ketchup99

Quote from: Hwy 61 Revisited on April 02, 2021, 11:29:54 PM
Quote from: Crown Victoria on April 02, 2021, 09:18:14 PM
Some thoughts for PA:

-Begin widening of I-81, especially between I-83 and I-78, and in the Wyoming Valley
-Complete the Turnpike/I-95 interchange
-US 22 widening in the Lehigh Valley
-Complete the Mon-Fayette Expressway (depends on rules for toll roads)
-Complete US 219 expressway to I-68 in Maryland
-Accelerate completion of the CSVT
-Complete US 322 expressway between Boalsburg and Potters Mills

A few non-road projects have been mentioned:

-Additional Amtrak service on the existing routes
-New Amtrak service Reading-Philadelphia, Allentown-NYC, and Scranton-NYC

-Roosevelt Expressway in Philadelphia?
-US 220 to I-68?
-Completion of I-576?
-30/83 Connection?
-Central/North Scranton Expressway Connection?

...should this be in Fictional?

Ever been on 220 south of Bedford? It's pretty deserted, not needed at all as a freeway.

ilpt4u

Quote from: hbelkins on April 03, 2021, 09:01:24 PM
I'm thinking Kentucky may use funding to move the additional Ohio River crossing at Cincinnati forward, and also to complete the Mountain Parkway widening. Federal money has already jump-started right of way acquisition on the portion between exits 46 and 57, which is the only remaining two-lane portion not already widened or under construction.

Another possibility is completing the northeastern bypass of Somerset, which is the extension of the Cumberland Parkway east from US 27 to tie in to the rebuilding of the KY 80/KY 461 intersection already underway.

They might also finally move to remove all of the old toll booth cloverleafs on the parkways. There's one on the Purchase Parkway that will have to be removed for I-69 to be extended, and one on the Pennyrile that will be replaced as part of the I-169 designation. There's one left on the WK Parkway at Central City; one on the Cumberland at Edmonton; one on the Audubon at KY 416; and two on the BG (KY 52 and KY 55).

Under Obama's stimulus (ARRA/TIGER) back in 2010 or thereabouts, Kentucky used that money to advance several projects to construction on which design had been completed.

Since there's a safety component, I would expect a number of additional HSIP projects across the state.

I doubt any money will go to the I-69 Ohio River bridge, since the decision has already been made to fund it with tolls.
I might add the Cairo Ohio River Bridge possibly getting replaced a bit quicker...maybe, with some fed money to assist. I believe KYTC is the lead on that project

OCGuy81

When I read about bridges, I not only thought of the much needed CRC between Oregon and Washington, but of the ongoing IT69 project, specifically another Mississippi River crossing.

Curious if this helps move 69 further along...

snowc

Quote from: Ketchup99 on April 05, 2021, 12:07:28 AM
Quote from: Hwy 61 Revisited on April 02, 2021, 11:29:54 PM
Quote from: Crown Victoria on April 02, 2021, 09:18:14 PM
Some thoughts for PA:

-Begin widening of I-81, especially between I-83 and I-78, and in the Wyoming Valley
-Complete the Turnpike/I-95 interchange
-US 22 widening in the Lehigh Valley
-Complete the Mon-Fayette Expressway (depends on rules for toll roads)
-Complete US 219 expressway to I-68 in Maryland
-Accelerate completion of the CSVT
-Complete US 322 expressway between Boalsburg and Potters Mills

A few non-road projects have been mentioned:

-Additional Amtrak service on the existing routes
-New Amtrak service Reading-Philadelphia, Allentown-NYC, and Scranton-NYC

-Roosevelt Expressway in Philadelphia?
-US 220 to I-68?
-Completion of I-576?
-30/83 Connection?
-Central/North Scranton Expressway Connection?

...should this be in Fictional?

Ever been on 220 south of Bedford? It's pretty deserted, not needed at all as a freeway.
I have.
Here's one to start with. US 220 in bedford.

hbelkins

Quote from: Ketchup99 on April 05, 2021, 12:07:28 AM

Actually, every time I've been on it, it's been decently traveled, especially by trucks.

Keep in mind that it was originally scheduled to be part of I-99/the ADHS corridor system, but Pennsylvania transferred that money to another route (I think a portion of US 322).

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.