News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

I was in Baltimore for the weekend...

Started by Duke87, August 02, 2009, 07:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke87

If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Alex

Pretty much looks exactly the same as when I was last there. I really like the perspective of this shot: http://picasaweb.google.com/Duke87ofST/Baltimore#5365511789316812802

There was a Baltimore photography book that we found in a Normal Heights book store in San Diego that had one shot with signs for that I-170/U.S. 40 freeway with Interstate 170 shields on it. I wish we were able to get a scan of it...

mefailenglish

Quote from: Duke87 on August 02, 2009, 07:58:30 PM
...with a digital camera. Took a good couple hundred pictures, here's the best of the road-related ones.
Did you get to check out the I-70N sign while you were in Baltimore?

agentsteel53

and the outline shields for US-40 on the Hilton Parkway that date back to the late 1950s?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

sonysnob

^ neat centreline with all the different bridges.

Chris

Alps

Quote from: Chris on August 07, 2009, 08:00:46 AM
I like the overpasses picture  :clap:

Amen.  Wish I'd taken one of those the many times I've been through there!  But I'll be back. (:

Duke87

What you see is what I've got, pretty much. Unfortunately, I was not quite at liberty to just go around willy-nilly and do anything as I was there with my father and he was already groaning about how I dragged him out of downtown to "gawk at a stupid highway" with I-170. I wasn't gonna push it. :no:
Besides which, we already had our time there pretty much booked with Fort McHenry, the Babe Ruth Museum, the Inner Harbor, and an Orioles game.
Were I there on my own or with more interested company it would, of course, have been a different story.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.