News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothman

Quote from: webny99 on March 22, 2020, 01:44:52 PM
Well, here in upstate NY, we have at least been blessed with beautiful weather and what looks like an early spring. It's cold out, but clear as a bell for the second day in a row. Truly unheard of for mid-March.
Look at the forecast for tomorrow.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

webny99

Quote from: Rothman on March 22, 2020, 02:02:04 PM
Quote from: webny99 on March 22, 2020, 01:44:52 PM
Well, here in upstate NY, we have at least been blessed with beautiful weather and what looks like an early spring. It's cold out, but clear as a bell for the second day in a row. Truly unheard of for mid-March.
Look at the forecast for tomorrow.

Of course it's not going to last, I'm just enjoying the sun while we have it.

Flint1979

Quote from: 1 on March 08, 2020, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on March 08, 2020, 10:16:28 PM
Quote from: webny99 on March 08, 2020, 09:27:53 PM
It's actually been a beautiful late winter (no, not early spring) weekend! Started out with a surprise 2 inches of snow that blew in from the north on Friday evening. But it's been clear as a bell and quite mild ever since.

Not that I'm expecting it to last, but at least if it does the missing hour tomorrow morning will be a bit more bearable...
It's been a pretty mild winter here I'm probably about 350 miles west of you.

Also a mild winter here to the east.
Strange. I remember in 2012 we were in the 80's around here already in the middle of March.

Flint1979

Quote from: webny99 on March 08, 2020, 10:48:01 PM
Rochester was (still is?) at #1 atop the leaderboard for winter '19-'20 snowfall for major US cities, thanks to a snowy November. Around 100 inches is our season average, and I believe we've had around 75 inches to date.

But then we've had two or three bitter cold snaps with single digits and sub-zero wind chills. And we did have snow on the ground for the entire month of February, which is somewhat rare to go that long without a major thaw.

On balance, I guess it hasn't been particularly mild, but certainly more manageable than other years. Only one nail-biter commute so far, and the roads were completely clear by noon that day.
We had a cold spell in November it got down below zero a few nights. Then it warmed back up and no snow until January, then it kept melting and snowing again after the melt. We haven't had any snow in the ground in over a month.

I know up in Yooper Country they still have snow especially around the Huron Mountains and Keweenaw Peninsula. Houghton and Hancock get over 200 inches a year.

Great Lakes Roads

Welp, NW Indiana is currently getting some SNOW right now even though it's spring!

Flint1979

It snowed overnight here but it's all melted now.

UnumProvident101

currently where I live the current weather is rain but there is a tornado watch in my county until 1 am

thspfc

Utah and Colorado just got slammed with snow. When that happens in the spring, it usually means thunderstorms for us Midwesterners.  :-/

Max Rockatansky

41F outside right now in Fresno.  The Sierras look clear of clouds for the first time all week. 

US 89

Quote from: thspfc on March 27, 2020, 08:48:15 AM
Utah and Colorado just got slammed with snow. When that happens in the spring, it usually means thunderstorms for us Midwesterners.  :-/

Yep, and it was a lot more than they had forecast originally. Here in Salt Lake, we got an inch or two of snow on Tuesday night and then a more substantial amount Wednesday night and Thursday. I had around 6 inches when all was said and done - and no winter weather advisory was ever issued for this (normal criteria for that is 3 inches). Some mountain areas got nearly 3 feet, but of course nobody should be skiing on it as resorts are closed and avalanche danger is quite high in the backcountry.

Most of the snow in the valleys has already melted off, and with highs in the 40s and sun in the forecast it’ll likely all be gone by the weekend. There’s a chance of a few light showers tomorrow morning and Monday, and then we’re looking at a week of partly cloudy skies with temps in the 50s.

Eth

I am told it's 88 degrees outside right now here in the Atlanta area, which seems slightly excessive for March. I'm also not going outside to verify that, because today's pollen count is nearly 6000 and my sinuses may very well rupture if I so much as open the door.

Flint1979

74 degrees at 10:20pm March 27, 2020 in Lenoir City, Tennessee.

kurumi

In the Bay Area (CA) right now, it's like Finland: chilly, and everyone's avoiding each other
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Roadgeekteen

Beginning to feel more like spring, hit 60 today.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

webny99

Weather is one of those things that people aren't thinking about much amidst the current crisis, but a snow-free March and what seems to be an early spring has been such an incredible blessing. It would be the talk of the town any other year: we've certainly never had a snow-free March in my lifetime, and in fact March almost always drops a big bomb with a foot or more of snow, so not to have that to worry about has been so nice but gone largely untold.

Roadgeekteen

Another quite warm day in the 60s.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Bruce

Temps are now in the 60s and expected to crest at around 65 on Thursday. It's finally spring.

March 2020 was actually colder than January 2020 for the Seattle area.

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on April 08, 2020, 12:50:58 AM
March 2020 was actually colder than January 2020 for the Seattle area.

It certainly seems that way. I had my window open several days in March after some vigorous workouts, but it got drafty real quick. I don't remember having that same problem in January.

Then again, I don't recall opening my window much in January since it basically rained non-stop.

Roadgeekteen

Colder day today, only in the low 50s.

TravelingBethelite

First taste of summer yesterday and today here in east-central Texas - was 85 yesterday, 89 now but feels like 96 (sure does!)...won't last though. Chance of thunderstorms this evening, but real cold front comes through overnight and drops temps into the mid 70s tomorrow. Low to mid 70s through the weekend and then real cool next week with temperatures in the 60s.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Roadgeekteen

Worse weather today, with clouds and rain.

DaBigE

Was in the 70s on Tuesday with sun. Now low 40s with scattered snow showers. Ma nature is PMSing again.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

jakeroot

Upper 60s with a completely clear sky today in the Tacoma area; slightly cooler in Seattle and areas northward.

https://twitter.com/jakeroot/status/1248342626350157826

Max Rockatansky

About 60F right now but this is probably the wettest spring I've ever experienced in California.  The rain was going almost 12 hours solid through the night into morning.   

Roadgeekteen

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.