News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I hate this song!

Started by allniter89, October 05, 2014, 03:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobsini2

Quote from: OCGuy81 on June 18, 2021, 03:22:16 PM
Jump by Van Halen.

I appreciate 80s cheese as much as the next person, but this over-synthesized piece of the 80s I can't stand! The second I hear the opening I tune out ASAP
I used to think that too until I saw Rick Beato breakdown that song in an episode of "What Makes This Song Great". subtle things in it you completely miss because of the synth.
If you have 20 minutes, it's a good listen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XhKSXeT2OI
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

hobsini2

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on June 20, 2021, 08:30:29 AM
bands that call themselves 'rock', that have a dj. i'm looking at you, linkin park.

and bands that can't spell. again, linkin park, not to mention ko(backwards r)n, limp bizkit.. etc.

I would argue that Linkin Park is more rock than some bands that have a "classic rock" label to them. Crawlin, Numb and Breaking the Habit certainly are big sounding rock songs.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

dlsterner

bands that call themselves 'rock', that have a dj. i'm looking at you, linkin park.

and bands that can't spell. again, linkin park, not to mention ko(backwards r)n, limp bizkit.. etc.

To be fair, "The Beatles" could be considered a misspelling.  My understanding is that "beetles" was their answer to Buddy Holly's "Crickets".  But I won't hold it against them.

Along these same lines, bands whose members don't play their own instruments (exception granted for a lead vocalist).

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: dlsterner on June 20, 2021, 01:29:35 PM

To be fair, "The Beatles" could be considered a misspelling.  My understanding is that "beetles" was their answer to Buddy Holly's "Crickets".  But I won't hold it against them.

They were originally the Silver Beetles, but allegedly John Lennon had a dream where "a man came on a flaming pie and told me you are now 'Beatles' with an 'A', and that was that". Paul McCartney eventually released a solo album titled "Flaming Pie".
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

zachary_amaryllis

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 20, 2021, 05:09:51 PM
Quote from: dlsterner on June 20, 2021, 01:29:35 PM

They were originally the Silver Beetles, but allegedly John Lennon had a dream where "a man came on a flaming pie and told me you are now 'Beatles' with an 'A', and that was that". Paul McCartney eventually released a solo album titled "Flaming Pie".

usually when i have dreams like that, it's time to put the bong away.
clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

Flint1979

The Beatles were originally The Quarrymen. Stuart Sutcliffe suggested they change their name to the Beatals as a tribute to Buddy Holly & The Crickets. They only used the name the Silver Beetles for a few months before changing the spelling of Beetles to Beatles, then about a month later became The Beatles. And the band consisted of John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Pete Best. They replaced Pete Best with Ringo Starr in August 1962.

CapeCodder

Benny Mardones- Into the Night. The whole song is creepy.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.