News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What makes you laugh?

Started by tolbs17, April 07, 2021, 12:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Flint1979

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

Quote from: tolbs17 on June 19, 2021, 07:08:57 PM
When Scott5114 uses this to lock a thread

I forgot I did that a few times.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

tolbs17

GaryV

Max Rockatansky

dlsterner

Fritzowl's plans
For me, it's the mean-spirited replies to Fritzowl's plans, even more than FritzOwl's plans themselves.
(OK, maybe it's more like shaking my head ruefully)

As well as any discussion about any Cra_shit video.

triplemultiplex

Bandit's off topic threads are great for a laugh. They are like a stream-of-consciousness from his memories of like 1979, or somewhere in there, pulling out these incredibly specific pop culture references and usually turning them into a fart/pooing joke.

Gets me rolling every time. :-D
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

Roadgeekteen

Scott5114

Quote from: triplemultiplex on June 22, 2021, 03:03:28 PM
Bandit's off topic threads are great for a laugh. They are like a stream-of-consciousness from his memories of like 1979, or somewhere in there, pulling out these incredibly specific pop culture references and usually turning them into a fart/pooing joke.

My favorite part is how he always queries the reader as to whether they, too, saw and could relate to this incredibly specific thing that he experienced. It's like:

"I was walking down the street on July 7, 1982, in Covington, Kentucky, and saw an advertisement poster for a dentist whose head was shaped like a Speak-n-Spell. His name was Dr. Ernie Burton, just like Bert and Ernie! Underneath his name, there was an Allowed Cloud of things you shouldn't do with your teeth. Anyway, I walked by again about four hours later and it was gone. Anyone else remember this?"

Just once I'd like to see someone earnestly reply with "Yes, Dr. Burton was my father-in-law and I have a hundred of those posters in my garage" or something.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kurumi

Bond dangled, upside down, tied up, above a water-filled tank of ravenous creatures, each about the length of his forearm.

"They're called Sea Monkeys," said his captor. "Normally they're the size of a Cocoa Pebble. But if you treat them right, they can get pretty big. I feel bad, because I haven't fed them in a week. I plan to fix that."

They looked more like sea insects to Bond, beetling legs and claws thrashing in the water below him. Was he really to die in the Kentucky mountain lair of a supervillain no one had heard of?

"There was a Fruit Stripe commercial with Big Bird," his captor explained. "He was upset because the Hamburglar took all the banana ones." He paused. "You don't even remember."

"What are you talking about?"

"Life was better back then. Nixon was going to jail. We'd all watch Happy Days on Tuesday and talk about it at school on Wednesday. At the bottom of a box of Trix you'd get a chess set, where all the pieces were Super Friends, and you could wind them up."

None of this made any sense. "I grew up in Britain."

His captor sighed. "Oh, that bips." He pulled a comically large lever, and Bond plunged into the water.

Something about the screams was upsetting his stomach. Or maybe it was the Big Mac. He grabbed a copy of Dynamite! magazine and strolled into the bathroom.

"Pooing is cool."
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Roadgeekteen

They are bizarre. Maybe I will make threads like that in 40 years.

kkt

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 23, 2021, 12:29:46 PM

They are bizarre. Maybe I will make threads like that in 40 years.

Speaking as someone roughly four decades senior to what your age is stated to be, I can't do off the wall stream of consciousness nearly as well as Karumi.

But to Bond, Kentucky has a lot to answer for!  First Goldfinger, and now Sea Monkeys!

thspfc

LilianaUwU

Quote from: thspfc on June 23, 2021, 08:57:31 PM
Quote from: TheGrassGuy on June 22, 2021, 03:44:56 PM
I-180 in Wyoming
You just don't understand its greatness.

As a certain Niekisch on Reddit one said, "To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty I-180 in Wyoming."
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

I-55

People worried about me getting pulled over for 10 5 1 over...
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

CapeCodder

Ignorant people. Not because they're ignorant, but because people who are so ignorant they're confidently incorrect and they can't be shown that they're ignorant.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: thspfc on June 23, 2021, 08:57:31 PM
Quote from: TheGrassGuy on June 22, 2021, 03:44:56 PM
I-180 in Wyoming

You just don't understand its greatness.

It's hard to, though, because it doesn't have any.  :-D
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

STLmapboy

Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

JayhawkCO

tolbs17

:-D :-D

Edit: Removed due to absurd thread. Should I repost it?

Tolbs

Anything makes me laugh.

1995hoo

Fox News was seen in a neighborhood near ours this weekend!!!!

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.