News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Choose the punchline, before reading the [dirty] joke

Started by kurumi, May 19, 2021, 10:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Before reading the joke, vote for a punchline. Then see how it turns out!

the bus driver
7 (43.8%)
the hippie
1 (6.3%)
the same nun
5 (31.3%)
a different nun
1 (6.3%)
God
2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

kurumi

A hippie boards a bus in a small town. The only other passenger is a nun, who he thinks is cute. He tries to flirt with her, but she's having none of it, and gets off the bus.

The bus driver says, "It looks like you're trying to hook up with that nun."

"Yeah," says the hippie. "But how?"

"Well, I happen to know that every night at 11 pm, she goes to the cemetery to pray. If you disguise yourself as God, you'll probably get her to do anything you want."

This is of course a stupid idea, but the hippie says, "Great idea!" He buys a God costume, goes to the graveyard, and waits.

At 11 pm sharp, the nun arrives. In full habit, and a veil. When she starts to pray, "God" steps out from behind a headstone.

"It's me, God! And your heavenly reward is sex with me, God!"

The nun looks stunned, and is silent for a while. Then she says, "But I need to keep myself chaste. So... can we do it in the back?"

Right on, "God" thinks. He lifts her habit and gets to work. When they're done, she turns to gaze upon the countenance of her Lord.

"Guess what", God says, and lifts his mask. "I'm the hippie!"

The nun steps back, lifts her veil, and says, "Well, I'm _____________."

The original punch line is #1. But the others can turn it surreal, or ironic, or into an anti-joke. How did you do?
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

wxfree

As soon as I saw "the bus driver," I knew it was the correct answer.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

kphoger

1.  Where can one purchase a God costume that isn't (a) Zeus or (b) Jesus?

2.  What town is large enough to have bus routes but small enough to have only one graveyard?

Anyway...

The nun steps back, lifts her veil, and says, "Well, I'm a werewolf."
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kurumi

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2021, 11:42:12 AM
1.  Where can one purchase a God costume that isn't (a) Zeus or (b) Jesus?

Taobao. Just be aware that American size "medium" over there is size "monstrously huge XXXXXXL"

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2021, 11:42:12 AM
2.  What town is large enough to have bus routes but small enough to have only one graveyard?

Easterbrook, Iowa is one example. It's kind of a hippie oasis with mass transit and whatnot. People live healthy lives and tend to not die.
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2021, 12:23:08 PM
Quote from: kurumi on May 20, 2021, 12:17:30 PM
Easterbrook, Iowa

I can find no reference to the existence of such a town.

Mass transit in rural Iowa? People living forever? There were a few red flags in that statement.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

STLmapboy

The nun steps back, lifts her veil, and says, "Well, I'm the same nun."

Guess I got anti-joke then.
Teenage STL area roadgeek.
Missouri>>>>>Illinois

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.