News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Plants

Started by MCRoads, June 09, 2021, 03:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCRoads

Pretty plants, ugly plants, annoying plants, plants with flowers, plants That smell good, any plants!

Anyone else here kill any plant they touch? I have only had luck growing plants by accident, as in, a seed fell on the ground, I did nothing, it grew, and it didn't die. This year I am trying to grow sunflowers, as I know that they are basically maintenance free, and will replant themselves every year.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

hotdogPi

Watch out for the zombies, though.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Roadgeekteen

I don't like plants. They give me allergies.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

kphoger

Trees/shrubs that grow right along the chain link fence line.  The more branches I hack off, twice as many grow back again.  AARGH!!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

MCRoads

Quote from: 1 on June 09, 2021, 03:24:37 PM
Watch out for the zombies, though.

OK? Not sure what that means, but I will.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

renegade

Quote from: kphoger on June 09, 2021, 03:27:46 PM
Trees/shrubs that grow right along the chain link fence line.  The more branches I hack off, twice as many grow back again.  AARGH!!
This.  I can't stay ahead of the ones I have to deal with.  I swear, they grow while I'm trimming them.

The only thing I can grow is weeds.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Max Rockatansky

I've tried for three years in vain to grow the Rye Grass my wife wants in a semi-arid climate.  It sounds like we finally will be converting the desert landscape I have been asking for.  We already have loads of healthy cacti.

US71

I have a lily that was given to my dad probably 30+ years ago, I have a Peace Lily I got when my mom passed. I have a mess of aloe vera that belonged to my dad, and something called a "wandering Jew" that belonged to my dad. Most of the plants I tried to grow directly, died. I'm not sure how I've kept most of dad's stuff alive.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

oscar

I love umbrella trees. Really hard to kill, gracefully tolerate neglect and poor lighting conditions (even all-artificial light, but if you have any sunlight at all, they will bend themselves out of shape to grow toward the sun).
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

renegade

Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

GaryV

We have a Christmas Cactus that came from my wife's grandmother.  We know it's well over 50 years old.

Scott5114

Quote from: renegade on June 10, 2021, 12:55:57 AM
Quote from: 1 on June 09, 2021, 08:39:47 PM
Quote from: renegade on June 09, 2021, 08:38:52 PM
The only thing I can grow is weed.

FTFY
LOL!  I wish that were the case!

Speaking as someone who is working towards licensing for doing that exact thing...cannabis isn't particularly hard to grow, per se. If you intend on consuming it, however, it takes a lot of attention to detail to maximize the quantity and quality of the flower.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

index

The only plants I have are a few plastic plants I've adorned the shelves in my apartment with. I would kill anything that's alive.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

plain

I've been thinking about growing a Venus Fly Trap but I know it takes a lot of work. Just starting off you can't use fertilizer or the sort.
Newark born, Richmond bred

Road Hog

I'm kind of fond of a plant with palmate, serrated narrow compound leaves.

kphoger

Quote from: renegade on June 09, 2021, 08:38:52 PM

Quote from: kphoger on June 09, 2021, 03:27:46 PM

This.  I can't stay ahead of the ones I have to deal with.  I swear, they grow while I'm trimming them.

#damnednature
Male pronouns, please.

SectorZ

I love plants. I have, in two different sectors of my property, about 30 rhododendron plants, plus some azaleas for good measure.

Sprinkle in a blueberry plant, rose of sharon, three different magnolia trees (not the large southern US varieties), a horse chestnut, dawn redwood, tulip poplar, empress tree, two blue spruces, and two mimosa trees. Some of these are pretty small since almost all were planted in 2016 and beyond, though the empress tree in four years is about 30-35 feet tall.

In an ode to living in central Mass and having nothing but woods with them behind that house, I want to buy some mountain laurel to line the back of my property.

andrepoiy

If this forum just so happened to have a lower median age, this thread would probably turn into a cannabis thread

Scott5114

Quote from: andrepoiy on June 11, 2021, 05:59:27 PM
If this forum just so happened to have a lower median age, this thread would probably turn into a cannabis thread

I mean, 25% of the posts in this thread are already about it...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Roadgeekteen

I don't smoke weed but I think smoking it should be legal.

kphoger

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 11, 2021, 07:23:51 PM
I don't smoke weed but I think it should be legal.

I too think it should be legal for you to not smoke weed.
Male pronouns, please.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: kphoger on June 11, 2021, 07:49:46 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 11, 2021, 07:23:51 PM
I don't smoke weed but I think it should be legal.

I too think it should be legal for you to not smoke weed.
No we need mandatory weed /s/.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.