News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Olive Garden is gone bad

Started by roadman65, June 22, 2021, 12:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

hotdogPi

Did you even look at the URL? It's from 2014.
Clinched

Traveled, plus
US 13, 44, 50
MA 22, 40, 107, 109, 117, 119, 126, 141, 159
NH 27, 111A(E); CA 133; NY 366; GA 42, 140; FL A1A, 7; CT 32; VT 2A, 5A; PA 3, 51, 60, QC 162, 165, 263; 🇬🇧A100, A3211, A3213, A3215, A4222; 🇫🇷95 D316

jmacswimmer

"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

SectorZ

Given this story is almost 7 years old, I'm impressed they're still around because I don't believe they took any of that criticism to heart for the long term.

roadman65

Well blame google for putting it up front like it's news.

I haven't been there only cause it's so expensive, so I have no clue. However in 2014 I really never saw an issue with it then as my family would meet there back then. Loved the unlimited soup and salad lunch.

I though seem surprised people would be critical of that chain at all.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Avalanchez71

Olive Garden is just like most malls, way past the heyday.

Roadgeekteen

Did anyone ever think that Olive Garden was any good?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Avalanchez71

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on June 22, 2021, 02:03:59 PM

In the South back in the day, yes.  Now to me it just tastes like thawed out food.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 22, 2021, 02:06:31 PM

In the South back in the day, yes.  Now to me it just tastes like thawed out food.
I've never actually eaten at an Olive Garden.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

jmacswimmer

I think it's good for what it is - I don't go there expecting top-notch authentic Italian food, but it still tastes good to me.  The breadsticks are always the best part :D

(and FWIW, I agree with Peter Griffin that it is all rather salty...)
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

jeffandnicole

Quote from: roadman65 on June 22, 2021, 12:55:11 PM

I haven't been there only cause it's so expensive, so I have no clue. However in 2014 I really never saw an issue with it then as my family would meet there back then. Loved the unlimited soup and salad lunch.

Even if you didn't notice the url date, didn't the chart from 2011-2014 clue you in?

I'm surprised this Hedge Fund group is so unfamiliar with how restaurants are run, that this would even be a report. You'll find burgers on nearly every restaurant's menu, because someone who dislikes the main entrées served will usually have a fallback option. And menu items in pictures rarely appear as such on a plate, regardless of the chain. Or even local pizzeria.

Avalanchez71

Quote from: jeffandnicole on June 22, 2021, 02:31:55 PM

Even if you didn't notice the url date, didn't the chart from 2011-2014 clue you in?

I'm surprised this Hedge Fund group is so unfamiliar with how restaurants are run, that this would even be a report. You'll find burgers on nearly every restaurant's menu, because someone who dislikes the main entrées served will usually have a fallback option. And menu items in pictures rarely appear as such on a plate, regardless of the chain. Or even local pizzeria.

If there is a picture on the menu chances are the food is not the best.

texaskdog

mother in law is obsessed with it

TheHighwayMan3561

You underestimate white suburbia. A new Olive Garden, Chili's, or Red Lobster is a big F'n deal.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

corco

74/171FAN

The salad and breadsticks was why I liked going to Olive Garden (not the other food).
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

frankenroad

A friend of mine moved to a small city in the midwest to take on a new job.   She asked her new co-workers to recommend a nice restaurant.  All they could come up with was Olive Garden.  My friend was quite happy to move back to a bigger city with real restaurants.
2di's clinched: 44, 66, 68, 71, 72, 74, 78, 83, 84(east), 86(east), 88(east), 96

Highways I've lived on M-43, M-185, US-127

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: frankenroad on June 22, 2021, 04:13:09 PM

A friend of mine moved to a small city in the midwest to take on a new job.   She asked her new co-workers to recommend a nice restaurant.  All they could come up with was Olive Garden.  My friend was quite happy to move back to a bigger city with real restaurants.
I guess when the only other options are McDonalds and Subway Olive Garden is like a 5 star restaurant.

NE2

You're supposed to put your leftovers in the fridge.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

JayhawkCO

Crappy Italian food is way too easy to make at home.  If an Italian restaurant doesn't make its own pasta, I'm not eating there.

Chris

Rothman

The popularity of Olive Garden in the Albany, NY area proves people have no taste there.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

renegade

I could make a shit-ton of pasta and sauce for less money than one serving of their gruel costs.
Don’t ask me how I know.  Just understand that I do.

ozarkman417

I have only eaten there once (a year or two before this article was released), and the food there was mediocre at best. Sure, I like lots of breadsticks, but I can go to a local joint and get ones that blow anything at Olive Garden out of the water.

Rothman

It's so true about the microwave.  Friends of a friend worked there.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Avalanchez71

Quote from: ozarkman417 on June 22, 2021, 08:53:19 PM
I have only eaten there once (a year or two before this article was released), and the food there was mediocre at best. Sure, I like lots of breadsticks, but I can go to a local joint and get ones that blow anything at Olive Garden out of the water.

This is so true.  It seems so much more apparent to me know than when in the past for some reason.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.