Kitten rescued from California Bay Area freeway overpass

Started by Lyon Wonder, June 25, 2021, 11:41:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyon Wonder

An airport employee spotted a kitten stranded on the ledge of the I-380 connector overpass near the San Francisco International Airport and a PHS/SPCA staff member rescued the kitten with a sturdy net. The kitten's a calico and she's now been adopted.  I'm a cat person and I'm very glad this kitten was rescued.

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Kitten-found-clinging-to-life-on-Bay-Area-16272292.php

kurumi

My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

ClassicHasClass

Worst cat thing I ever saw: driving back on I-10 through Redlands, saw a terrified cat trapped on the median. I didn't have time or space to safely stop and try to get it to the other side of the road, so I kept going. About 15 seconds later I saw it fly up in the air in my rearview mirror.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: ClassicHasClass on June 27, 2021, 10:33:53 PM
Worst cat thing I ever saw: driving back on I-10 through Redlands, saw a terrified cat trapped on the median. I didn't have time or space to safely stop and try to get it to the other side of the road, so I kept going. About 15 seconds later I saw it fly up in the air in my rearview mirror.
Yikes  :-(
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

JoePCool14

Quote from: ClassicHasClass on June 27, 2021, 10:33:53 PM

That's pretty nasty. My worst experience was on I-43 in a rural section south of Green Bay. A family of ducks and ducklings trying to cross on the top of a hill where it was hard to see them until the last minute. I didn't hit any of them but the car in the left lane took out the mum.  :no:

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.