PBA Bowling and Fox Sports have a broadcast deal for 2019

Started by bing101, March 20, 2018, 11:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Stephane Dumas

jon daly

I used to enjoy watching this on Saturday afternoons circa 1978.

nexus73

Medford OR has Lava Lanes, which is a huge facility which hosted PBA events in the past.  I am amazed at how many great bowlers we have in Oregon.  Only 1% of all league bowlers average 200 or better but if you get in a league over here in my home area, that is the kind of average you'll need to just have a chance against the rest of the bowlers.  There's a ton of them in the high 190's for average too. 

FYI: My best game for a lifetime was a 190.  Had an open frame in the 1st and then got a split in the 10th to stop that best ever chance to break 200. 

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

jp the roadgeek

Used to work with a guy who rolled about a dozen 300 games.  Leagues are big around here.  There are about 6 bowling places within 15 minutes of me.  4 are traditional facilities, 1 is duckpin, and the 5th is a new-age Lucky Strike kind of place. Closest I ever got was a 208.  Used to be about a 140-150 average but I haven't bowled in a while and I wasn't one of those who can put the bend on the ball like the pros.

Speaking of pros, Mookie Betts certainly could have a second career on the PBA Tour.  He appeared in a celebrity tournament that I watched and he's the real deal.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

jon daly

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on May 05, 2018, 02:05:37 PM
Used to work with a guy who rolled about a dozen 300 games.  Leagues are big around here.  There are about 6 bowling places within 15 minutes of me.  4 are traditional facilities, 1 is duckpin, and the 5th is a new-age Lucky Strike kind of place. Closest I ever got was a 208.  Used to be about a 140-150 average but I haven't bowled in a while and I wasn't one of those who can put the bend on the ball like the pros.

Speaking of pros, Mookie Betts certainly could have a second career on the PBA Tour.  He appeared in a celebrity tournament that I watched and he's the real deal.

The Red Sox had a pitcher about fifteen years ago that once rolled a perfect game. I'm blanking on his name right now, but he pitched Game Six of the '03 ALCS. I want to say his name was John Burkhart, but I know that's not it.

Big John

Nacho

I used to love watching the tour on ABC. As a kid I taped some of the broadcasts back in the late 80s and early 90s, though I had the misfortune of getting into it right as a lot of the big stars (Mark Roth, Marshall Holman, and the like) were at the tail end of their careers. Of course nowadays you can find all kinds of old tournaments posted on YouTube.

bing101

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on May 05, 2018, 02:05:37 PM

Chris Paul of the Houston Rockets I know he sponsored Celebrity PBA tour events in the past though.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.