Regional Boards > Central States

Gilcrease Turnpike extension plans approved by Oklahoma Transportation Commissio

<< < (39/39)

bugo:

--- Quote from: swake on December 01, 2022, 04:57:55 PM ---My guess is that the Tisdale is going to become OK-11 and the entire Gilcrease will be OK-344.
I base that on the this highway project scheduled in ODOT's 8 year plan in 2027:
SH-11: OVER EDISON ROAD EAST & WESTBOUND, JCT. I-244/SH-11 (NW CORNER IDL)
15:BRIDGE REHABILITATION
$2,000,000
https://oklahoma.gov/odot/programs-and-projects/8-year-construction-work-plan.html
Those bridges are the start of the Tisdale from the Inner Dispersal Loop.

--- End quote ---

Nice find. If they were to reroute OK 11 along the Tisdale, they would have to route it down Peoria to either 36th Street N or the Gilcrease, and west to the Tisdale. The older parts of the Tisdale (the southern part, as it was built one segment at a time north from the IDL) are in terrible condition, and would have to be rebuilt if the LL were to become a state highway.

debaterthatchases:
Iirc the southern end of the Tisdale is already maintained by ODOT (The City of Tulsa Maintenance Begins signs are about 1/4 north of the IDL), although it is in very poor condition with the original button copy signs still being there.

swake:

--- Quote from: debaterthatchases on December 01, 2022, 09:18:41 PM ---Iirc the southern end of the Tisdale is already maintained by ODOT (The City of Tulsa Maintenance Begins signs are about 1/4 north of the IDL), although it is in very poor condition with the original button copy signs still being there.

--- End quote ---

So the part of the highway with the worst maintenance is actually the responsibility of the state.

That checks.

CoreySamson:
OK 344 signage is up on I-44 EB approaching the I-44/I-244 interchange as of yesterday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version