News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florida Town Considers Being the First with a Center Turn Overpass

Started by kernals12, December 20, 2020, 10:12:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on February 24, 2021, 04:28:02 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on December 26, 2020, 11:35:38 AM
Quote from: kernals12 on December 20, 2020, 10:12:11 PM
Pembroke Pines is considering to be the first in the world with another innovative intersection, the center turn overpass

This one is extremely simple, it adds a grade separated structure for left turn movements meaning left turn phases at the main intersection can be eliminated.

Where, precisely? My brother-in-law lives in Pembroke Pines and I might ask him about if you know where it's being considered (this because if he doesn't know about it and asks where, I want to have an answer). My guess would be Pines Boulevard at Flamingo Road because there are so many crashes there.

SR 820 and SR 847 were two lanes back in the 80s. Little to no issues.  They expanded the lanes and now there is so much traffic that the lanes do no justice.  Expanding lanes is not a panacea.
Yes, I'm sure only 2 lanes would perform at a LOS A today...  :spin:

Henry

Having a separate level for left turns would be very cool to see, and a lot less complicated than those stupid continuous-flow intersections, which create so much confusion that the potential for crashing may be very high.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Avalanchez71

Quote from: Henry on March 18, 2021, 09:51:49 AM
Having a separate level for left turns would be very cool to see, and a lot less complicated than those stupid continuous-flow intersections, which create so much confusion that the potential for crashing may be very high.

The vehicles still have somewhere to go.  You don't believe that this will cause confusion?

Anthony_JK

Quote from: Henry on March 18, 2021, 09:51:49 AM

CFI's are no more confusing than DDI's, and the latter seem to be working out OK. Proper signage and pavement marking should do the trick.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.