News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

AL-158

Started by halork, April 10, 2022, 03:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halork

I notice that there's a northern bypass of Mobile being constructed along AL-158; any updates on the plans or progress of this highway? Looks like a good alternate route around Mobile instead of US-98 when it's completed.

cockroachking

Not sure of Alabama's procedures in similar situations, but I would not be surprised if US-98 is relocated onto AL-158 once it is completed.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

asdfjkll

Quote from: cockroachking on April 10, 2022, 03:44:44 PM
Not sure of Alabama's procedures in similar situations, but I would not be surprised if US-98 is relocated onto AL-158 once it is completed.
The construction plans for the eastbound lanes base and pave from Mississippi to Glenwood Road shows US-98 signed alongside SR-158 on the new alignment. This means that US-98 will be moved onto the entire SR-158 corridor once all the construction needed to carry at least 2 lanes of traffic between Mississippi and Schillinger Road is completed. The westbound lanes will be base, pave and bridged at a later date when more funding becomes available.

Voyager75

Somebody can and probably will correct me but I assume US-98 will be rerouted along the whole AL-158 route, run concurrently with US-43 then split off and run concurrently with US-90 and rejoin its original alignment on the east end of the Bankhead Tunnel at Government Street.

Much like ALDOT did with US-431 in Anniston.

froggie

^ That's not entirely what ALDOT did with 431.  They wound up putting 431 concurrent with 20, not 78.  By that logic, they would have 98 run down 65 and 165.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.