News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

How will the Roe v. Wade ruling affect traffic patterns in your area?

Started by KCRoadFan, June 24, 2022, 06:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abefroman329

Quote from: kernals12 on June 25, 2022, 10:12:40 AMAnother thing: unlike in 1973, we now have abortion pills. And Attorney General Merrick Garland says that states can't ban FDA approved pharmaceuticals, which would basically make all of this irrelevant.
Some states have already banned them. Others are in the process of doing so. And if they can't ban them outright, they can pass laws stating that pharmacists don't have to fill them, or that they can't be filled by mail order, or put up any number of other roadblocks.

kernals12

Quote from: Rothman on June 25, 2022, 11:12:21 AM

Quote from: kernals12 on June 25, 2022, 10:12:40 AM
It won't. Depending on whose counting, there's between 600 and 900 thousand abortions in this country every year. Next to the hundreds of billions of trips people make every year, that's not even a rounding error.

Another thing: unlike in 1973, we now have abortion pills. And Attorney General Merrick Garland says that states can't ban FDA approved pharmaceuticals, which would basically make all of this irrelevant.

Well, if AG said it...

Dude, Garland's opinion doesn't matter.  Please review the role of the AG...

I don't think Garland would make a statement like that without some legal basis.

Rothman

Quote from: kernals12 on June 25, 2022, 12:46:36 PM
Quote from: Rothman on June 25, 2022, 11:12:21 AM

Quote from: kernals12 on June 25, 2022, 10:12:40 AM
It won't. Depending on whose counting, there's between 600 and 900 thousand abortions in this country every year. Next to the hundreds of billions of trips people make every year, that's not even a rounding error.

Another thing: unlike in 1973, we now have abortion pills. And Attorney General Merrick Garland says that states can't ban FDA approved pharmaceuticals, which would basically make all of this irrelevant.

Well, if AG said it...

Dude, Garland's opinion doesn't matter.  Please review the role of the AG...

I don't think Garland would make a statement like that without some legal basis.
See the previous comments about the pills already being banned.

Again, please review the role of the AG...
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

And that's a wrap. I think this thread has enough useful info if you are truly curious how this may affect traffic.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.