News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Waterfall faucets

Started by Pink Jazz, July 13, 2022, 12:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

I was wondering, does anyone here have a waterfall faucet? I just ordered a Moen Genta in Spot-Resist Brushed Nickel from Home Depot. I plan to install it soon. It will be replacing a Delta Lahara which I will sell for $65 on eBay/Mercari/Facebook Marketplace/Poshmark.

My pastor has Pfister waterfall faucets. Pfister is an okay brand, but I prefer Moen myself. I got an email from Moen that the Genta is their #1 selling bathroom faucet (I have bought some other Moen products, such as the U by Moen Arbor Smart Faucet, a 1/2 HP Moen garbage disposal, a 5.5-inch Moen Engage with Magnetix showerhead, and a Moen bathtub drain assembly), so I decided to buy one myself.

How are your experiences with waterfall faucets? I saw a video of the Moen Genta, and it looks like it is pretty good for my needs. I understand that waterfall faucets are trendy right now.

US 89

I saw one once in the bathroom of some hotel or maybe a restaurant someplace. It worked.

abefroman329

I've seen them in any number of hotels and businesses, and I think the sinks where you have a waterfall faucet emptying into a giant bowl that sits on the counter are cool.

Max Rockatansky

We had one in Hawaii in the condo we stayed in Oahu.  I came away not really liking the design given it tended to be easy to splash water all over the place and not being a very friendly for kids. 

wanderer2575

Our cat likes to jump onto counters and drink from a faucet, so we put in a waterfall faucet when we remodeled our bathroom.  We thought that would make it easier for him.  (In reality, he doesn't drink from the horizontal "trough" but from the vertical stream, like any other faucet.)

My only problem with this type of faucet is that, by its nature, it doesn't deliver any water pressure other than what gravity provides.  That's a bugger if you're rinsing or cleaning something.  Just to rinse out my toothbrush after I use it, I have to scrub the bristles with my thumb while I hold it under the water.

In the end, another "triumph" of design over function.  (Don't get me wound up about vessel sinks that sit on the counter.)

J N Winkler

Quote from: wanderer2575 on July 13, 2022, 04:40:34 PMDon't get me wound up about vessel sinks that sit on the counter.

I'm plenty wound up about those!
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Duke87

I'll be sticking with my properly aerated streams of water from ordinary faucets.

I'm pretty sure one of our bathroom faucets is original to the construction of this place in 1985. I kind of never want to get rid of it because I love the vintage look but my wife will insist it be replaced when we eventually redo that bathroom. It will be replaced with a normal faucet, however.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

cl94

I've had them in hotel rooms, but I'd never want one in my home. Sure, they "look better", but they're less functional.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Scott5114

They're neat, but the faucets I have are good enough that I don't feel compelled to spend money on changing them out.

Why do you buy enough faucets that their manufacturers are emailing you about them? I don't think I've ever actually bought a faucet that isn't already attached to a house.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

formulanone

Gotta love the boneheaded design that prioritizes looks over giving your hands more than inch of room to actually wash them properly. I expect that in airplane lav, not a restroom with an actual door knob.

Usually can't stand them in hotels and other fancy places.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: Scott5114 on July 13, 2022, 11:41:13 PM

Why do you buy enough faucets that their manufacturers are emailing you about them? I don't think I've ever actually bought a faucet that isn't already attached to a house.

Apparently when you register a Moen product for their warranty, they send you emails for promotions and occasionally give you special deals. You also get access to their Moen Plus store.

triplemultiplex

That's the real game when it comes to "warranties".  That shit is just to mine private data for marketing.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

formulanone

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 14, 2022, 05:29:44 PM
That's the real game when it comes to "warranties".  That shit is just to mine private data for marketing.

Honestly, nothing new.

Decades ago, manufacturers used to include a postage-included warranty card with about fifty checkboxes asking about your interests. Does anyone else remember those?

□ Birdwatching □ Piano Tuning □ Stamp collecting
□ French Cooking □ Ham Radio □ Sports Memorabilia
□ Metal Hoarding □ Ghost Harassing □ Other ______

Pink Jazz

Also, I have gotten ads from competitors such as Delta and Kohler on Facebook and other sites. Apparently, they must be tracking my purchase history and know that I am a repeat Moen customer. It's very common for manufacturers to use targeted ads to try to poach buyers of competitor products. I have had similar ads in the past from the clothing brand Chaps, who must know I am a loyal IZOD customer.

Pink Jazz

I just installed my Moen Genta waterfall faucet. Working pretty well. No excess splashing whatsoever. The hardest parts were removing the mounting nuts on the old Delta Lahara faucet, and trying to get the pull rod properly connected to the existing Delta drain stopper

formulanone

Quote from: Pink Jazz on July 16, 2022, 05:48:51 PM
...trying to get the pull rod properly connected to the existing Delta drain stopper

This is my least-favorite part of a faucet installation. It's also so ridiculous because the parts operate dissimilarly, but I've found that small adjustable radiator hose clamps, and pinching them into shape, does the trick. Easier to adjust the tension with a 1/4" nut driver than mangling a small strip of metal.

Pink Jazz

BTW, our old Delta Lahara is currently selling for $50 + shipping on eBay/Mercari/Facebook Marketplace/Poshmark. I started at $60, but then looked at comps and decided to lower to $50 + shipping.

Road Hog

Let us know how a "waterfall bidet" works for you.

Rothman

Quote from: Road Hog on July 20, 2022, 09:11:54 PM
Let us know how a "waterfall bidet" works for you.
This post made my day.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.