News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Outer Banks Travel times

Started by Mdcastle, August 25, 2012, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mdcastle

What's an extremely conservative, driving the speed limit, stop one or twice to stretch legs travel time from (Fort Raleigh) Manteo to Norfolk airport on a September Wednsday.  I'd like to use 17 and see the swamp unless 168 is signifantly faster, in which case I'd rather have more time on the Outer Banks. Wondering if it's at all reasonable to leave from my hotel in Kitty Hawk at 8:00 AM and see Fort Raleigh and Wright Brothers and get back to Norfolk in time for a 5.30 PM flight out, I know it's a smaller airport but I will have a rental car to return, luggage to check, boarding passes to print.

Also, is leaving from a motel in Morehead City at 8:00 AM a safe time to drive to the end of US 70 and then catch the 10:00 AM ferry to Ocracoke?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.