News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xcellntbuy

Late this afternoon, 50 degrees and bright sunny, clear skies in Milledgeville, GA.

roadman

Just wrapping up a snowstorm in the Greater Boston area - with averages of between five and eight inches depending upon the community.  NWS has also issues a special weather statement warning of a possible black ice hazard during the overnight hours due to the anticipated below freezing temps.

As a interesting sidebar, Boston was one of the first communities to close school for Friday once the winter storm warning was issued.  However, they never declared a snow emergency as well - which seems very odd to me.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

dcbjms

Same here.  It was weird, since I shovelled almost constantly today - earlier the snow was wicked heavy, but towards the end it was that fluffy slow.  We did get quite a bit of snow, though when I shovelled for the last time (after hearing about the black ice warning) I shovelled out a dusting, which was a relief after shovelling an average of 2-3" per time.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Thing 342

hm insulators

Sunny and in the 80s for Phoenix.
Remember: If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

I'd rather be a child of the road than a son of a ditch.

At what age do you tell a highway that it's been adopted?

wxfree

Sunny and near 80 around DFW.

I'd like to post a video of Worf yelling at Counselor Troi "It is too hot!" but YouTube doesn't seem to have one.

Fortunately, a cold front has moved through and the next few days will be warm, but not as warm.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

cl94

It's finally winter in northeastern New York. Low teens with wind chills below zero. Wind chills could break -30 this weekend.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Desert Man

85 degrees outside...and I have my A/c blowing, and this is Feb.! The time when I made this post is 3:33PM (pacific time).
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

SignGeek101

With the windchill, supposed to get to -40 or below here tonight and tomorrow.

realjd

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 11, 2016, 07:18:02 PM

I was going to ask C or F, but at -40 they're the same.

Low's around 40F and highs in the mid 50's here in FL. There was a frost warning last night and a freeze warning a few counties north. We busted out our winter coats and covered the cold-sensitive plants.

SignGeek101

Quote from: Thing 342 on February 07, 2016, 12:51:05 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=weather+blacksburg+va

That's pretty cool. Never seen that before. Clicked the link and got this:

Quote from: realjd on February 11, 2016, 11:14:25 PM
Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 11, 2016, 07:18:02 PM

I was going to ask C or F, but at -40 they're the same.

I intentionally omitted the units there.

sammi

Rothman

8°F here currently and headed for a high of just under 30.  Tomorrow, they're saying single digits with a significant wind chill.  Going to dip into the negatives Saturday night, but they're saying we'll hit 47°F on Tuesday. :D
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: sammi on February 12, 2016, 01:21:02 AM

I hate when the weather brings celebrities showing off.

ET21

20 degrees and cloudy now, expecting a new snow dump Sunday into Monday (2-4 inches). Next weekend could see a decent warmup to the upper 40s
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

KEVIN_224

New Britain, CT had about 6 F/-14 C at sunrise. It was all of 14 F/-10 C at 9:30 AM Eastern. Supposed to be below zero F tomorrow night into Sunday. :(

SteveG1988

Cold, with a high chance of continuing cold.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

kkt

Chilly, mostly cloudy, showers with a 100% chance of continuing showers for the foreseeable future.

cl94

Wind chills here expected to get down to -40 this weekend. I thought I got away from that constant high wind crap when I left Buffalo.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

xcellntbuy

Sunny, clear and 54 degrees.  A nice day for the military cadet parade in Milledgeville, GA.

CNGL-Leudimin

What an unseasonable weather are having there, the forecast temps for tomorrow is 89/63...

No, wait, that is the result of the basketball match I've just attended. Now for actual weather: It has been raining all day long. And Winter is finally coming starting Sunday afternoon, maybe even with snow (in my area it snows once a year).
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

SignGeek101

(crazy weather pic snipped)

I don't know why that happens:

Not my pic.

kkt

Quote from: SignGeek101 on February 12, 2016, 07:26:11 PM
(crazy weather pic snipped)

I don't know why that happens:

Not my pic.

Wow, that's pretty chilly even for the Great White North.

noelbotevera

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.