News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Hello from Virginia!

Started by AABattery, December 02, 2022, 07:39:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AABattery

Hello from VA :awesomeface:! I've lurked here for some time and decided to make an account bc I like roads and traveling, I'm a bit of a geography nerd, and also why not?
- AABattery :)

Counties Visited

Traveled Routes

Avatar is my most recent clinched route

MATraveler128

Quote from: AABattery on December 02, 2022, 07:39:49 PM
Hello from VA :awesomeface:! I've lurked here for some time and decided to make an account bc I like roads and traveling, I'm a bit of a geography nerd, and also why not?

Welcome from Massachusetts. I also am into geography.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

hotdogPi

Welcome from Massachusetts too! (No, not everyone here is from Massachusetts.)
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

davewiecking

All are good reasons! Welcome from Maryland.

Hunty2022

Welcome from a fellow Virginian!!
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

froggie

Nothing wrong with all that.  Coincidentally, you're not our first forum member from Blacksburg...

AABattery

Quote from: froggie on December 02, 2022, 08:18:20 PM

Nothing wrong with all that.  Coincidentally, you're not our first forum member from Blacksburg...
Thanks! I also didn't expect people from my town to be on this forum (but then it is a decent size college town)

Counties Visited

Traveled Routes

AABattery

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 02, 2022, 08:02:06 PM
Welcome from a VT Alumni!!
Thanks! :)  Something I notice here is every few years I see a lot of plates from a particular state or two and this year it's PA and NY.
Also is the state flower of PA the "Road work ahead sign"?

Counties Visited

Traveled Routes

AABattery

Quote from: Hunty2022 on December 02, 2022, 07:57:14 PM
Welcome from a fellow Virginian!!
Thanks!! If you're in Cville then I hope you're safe and doin' alright.

Counties Visited

Traveled Routes

74/171FAN

Quote from: AABattery on December 02, 2022, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 02, 2022, 08:02:06 PM
Welcome from a VT Alumni!!
Thanks! :)  Something I notice here is every few years I see a lot of plates from a particular state or two and this year it's PA and NY.
Also is the state flower of PA the "Road work ahead sign"?

I can see why you would ask the second question.

In regard to PA, apparently it is about the same to attend VT out-of-state as Penn State in-state (at least ten years ago).  That was my understanding of why many PA students went to VT.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

amroad17

Welcome, from an ODU alum and 22-year Hampton Roads resident!  Enjoy your time with us.
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

pj3970

Welcome from a fellow Virginian, now residing in West Virginia, and a fellow Blacksburg resident...although originally from Missouri and spent many years in other states...all thanks to service to our country, which I dearly love

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.