News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Is any of this forum in ChatGPT's corpus?

Started by hotdogPi, December 07, 2022, 05:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 15, 2023, 06:07:11 AM
Autocorrect is a great place to work on the barn tomorrow and we are going to be a trained mage to make this work for us as well as the brand new and new features of the people who have been in the ocean for a long time and are now in the process of getting a new one we will be back by the end of the year.

My wife and I had a period of time when, while sitting bored in the living room, we'd text each other stuff like this from across the room.  As another fun alternative, I'd swype random patterns and let my phone decide what words I meant.

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2023, 06:51:08 AM
Prompt: Write the national anthem for an absurd country called Alanland that values goats and quoting long posts

Quote from: ChatGPT
O Alanland, we hail thee,
Our country of goats and posts,
We honor thy greatness,
And all that it boasts.

Our loyalty is strong,
Our spirit is true,
Our goats are our pride,
And our posts are our due.

We'll fight for our right,
To quote and to post,
Our goats are the best,
From coast to coast.

Our Alanland is grand,
And our future is bright,
Our people are strong,
And our goats are a sight.

So raise up your voice,
And sing out with pride,
For our Alanland,
We will always abide.

Too lazy to come up with a decent rhyme for 'coat to cost'...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 22, 2023, 12:20:28 PM
Well then what's the point if it can't integrate data from previous conversations? What a scam! And who cares if people try to brainwash it? With 100 million users, the effects of that would all cancel itself out, and it's worth any of those risks to see how truly advanced AI can get. AI shouldn't be censored for potentially offensive content.
They already have trouble with overloading the server, letting it use your past conversations would probably make the thing blow up.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2023, 06:51:08 AM
Prompt: Write the national anthem for an absurd country called Alanland that values goats and quoting long posts

O Alanland, we hail thee,
Our country of goats and posts,
We honor thy greatness,
And all that it boasts.

Our loyalty is strong,
Our spirit is true,
Our goats are our pride,
And our posts are our due.

We'll fight for our right,
To quote and to post,
Our goats are the best,
From coast to coast.

Our Alanland is grand,
And our future is bright,
Our people are strong,
And our goats are a sight.

So raise up your voice,
And sing out with pride,
For our Alanland,
We will always abide.

Alanland abides.  Nice.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

CoreySamson

Quote from: Scott5114 on February 22, 2023, 06:15:04 AM
Prompt: Write a song about U.S. Federal Route 31W

Verse 1

From the hills of Kentucky, to the shores of Alabama
U.S. 31W is the road that will take us home
It's a winding highway, stretching far and wide
Wherever we go, it's by our side

Chorus

U.S. 31W, take us home
It's a road that will never go wrong
U.S. 31W, take us there
Wherever we roam, we'll never be alone

Verse 2

From the rolling fields of Tennessee, to the swamps of Louisiana
U.S. 31W is the road that will never fail
It's a journey of discovery, with so many sights to see
We'll never forget the memories it brings to us

Chorus

U.S. 31W, take us home
U.S. 31W, take us there

Verse 3

From the banks of the Ohio, to the shores of the Gulf of Mexico
U.S. 31W is the road that will never die
It's a journey through the heartland, filled with beauty and delight
It's a road that will always be there for us tonight

Chorus

U.S. 31W, take us home
U.S. 31W, take us there

Well, I mean, it's better than the alternative...
I feel like this would be great as a country song. Now I just need to find a Telly to make this a reality.

Crap, now I have a nonexistent song stuck in my head...
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Scott5114

Quote from: MultiMillionMiler on February 22, 2023, 12:20:28 PM
Well then what's the point if it can't integrate data from previous conversations? What a scam! And who cares if people try to brainwash it? With 100 million users, the effects of that would all cancel itself out, and it's worth any of those risks to see how truly advanced AI can get. AI shouldn't be censored for potentially offensive content.

While the concern that was mentioned is a real one, I believe the real reason is privacy concerns. If I want to use ChatGPT to, say, help me write a memo about something that's going on at work about a top secret project, I wouldn't want it remembering what I was doing and carelessly blabbing to the next person who asks questions about that topic area (who may well work at a competing company).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Scott5114

That was just the first thing I thought of. There are plenty of reasons one might not want one's ChatGPT session to bleed over into someone else's.

There's no need to test its "long term memory" because that would be a trivial thing to implement; you'd just incorporate all input into the training corpus. (Which is why Microsoft's Tay chat bot got shut down–white supremacists were feeding it documents espousing their ideology.)

MultiMillionMiler

Not saying it's right, but it would be interesting to let hundreds of millions of humans try to indoctrinate it with all their whacky ideas, and see what positions it would finally take on key issues. Since it has access to factual data on the internet (as well as biased info) it would be interesting to see what views it would develop after fact checking and evaluating contradictions in billions of different view points.

Scott5114

Meh. If I want to hear idiotic viewpoints, I've got my dad on speed dial.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 07, 2023, 09:04:19 PM
Prompt:  "Explain how runaway truck ramps work"

ChatGPT:  "Runaway truck ramps (also known as emergency escape ramps) are designed to assist truck drivers in stopping their vehicles in the event of a brake failure. These ramps are usually located on steep highways and mountain roads, where the risk of trucks losing control and speeding down the road is high. The ramps work by providing an inclined surface for the truck's wheels to roll up, gradually slowing down the vehicle as it comes to a stop. The ramps are typically made of concrete or asphalt, and are angled in such a way as to ensure that the truck's momentum is gradually absorbed as it rolls up the ramp. Once the truck comes to a stop, it can be safely parked or attended to by the authorities."

It sounds high-verbal, but look closely and you can see how nonsensical it is.

I dunno. It reads like a Wikipedia post to me.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Roadgeekteen

Chat GPT explains induced demand. What do you think?

Prompt: Explain the concept of induced demand when it comes to highways. Give reasons that support it and also some arguments against it.

Chat GPT: Induced demand refers to the phenomenon whereby the construction of new highways or the expansion of existing ones results in an increase in the total number of vehicles on the road, rather than a decrease in congestion. This increase in demand is typically caused by factors such as improved accessibility, reduced travel times, and increased mobility.

There are several reasons that support the concept of induced demand. One key factor is that the construction of new highways or the expansion of existing ones can reduce the cost of driving, making it a more attractive option for people who might otherwise use public transportation or choose not to travel at all. Additionally, the construction of new highways can lead to increased development in previously inaccessible areas, which in turn can lead to further increases in vehicle traffic.

Another argument in favor of induced demand is that the perceived benefits of new highways can encourage people to move further away from city centers, which can lead to longer commutes and more overall vehicle usage. This effect can be especially pronounced in areas with limited public transportation options.

However, there are also arguments against the concept of induced demand. Some critics argue that the phenomenon is largely overstated, and that new highways and expansions are actually effective at reducing congestion in many cases. Others argue that the benefits of increased mobility and accessibility outweigh any potential negative effects of induced demand, and that the construction of new highways is necessary for continued economic growth and development.

In summary, while there is some debate around the concept of induced demand, it is generally understood to be a real phenomenon that can have significant impacts on transportation and urban planning. The degree to which induced demand affects a given area will depend on a variety of factors, including the availability of public transportation, the local economy, and the behavior of individual drivers.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.