News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Finding the right watch band

Started by roadman65, November 07, 2017, 08:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Earlier this year I bought a really cool sports watch at a kiosk inside the FL Mall.  Just this morning the plastic band broke, so I took it back to the dealer who sold me the watch.

Apparently they informed me they do not carry the parts except the battery which is guaranteed for a year after purchase.  However the band is not as its an item that gets abused so much its not worth to guarantee, which I am all right with.  However, they told me its cheaper to buy a whole new watch as I paid only 25 bucks to begin with.

Now I am stuck with a cool watch less than a year old which I do not want to throw out not that I am sentimental, but practical.  Why throw away something that works and of course its a shame that dealers cannot carry even genetic parts for them or a one size fits all thing.

Anyway, I googled my watch and there are bands available for less than 10 bucks but I am not sure how the numbering of the bands and how the sizes are gauged.  I do not want to spend money to find out my watch is not compatible to the band either.   

Does anyone know how to tell which goes with what and what to look for when obtaining a replacement.   BTW Schhors does not even have a website as they must be some Chinese or Indianasian company that just deals with making and not marketing.  I would imagine some other brands could fit, but how do I tell?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Scott5114

Why not just go to Walmart and find a watch band that fits? Bring the watch and just hold it up to the bands on the rack to see which one fits. Sure, it won't match the original, but at least you'll be able to wear the watch.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bmorrill

1995hoo

A jeweler ought to be able to tell you what size band you need.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kkt

Some cheap watches need bands with special end links to fit the watch properly.  It's a deliberate form of planned obsolescence.  Hope yours isn't one of them.

roadman65

I think so as the kiosk told me they don't make the parts for it other than batteries and Sears told me they could fit a new band but at a few bucks under the price of a new cheap replacement. 

I will check around and maybe try that strapped for time site.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.