News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

I-229 Study in Sioux Falls

Started by M86, October 13, 2013, 01:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M86

http://www.i229study.com/

Not the best website, but it has some information.

It makes me miss living up there.

TCN7JM

...and allows direct access to downtown.
I'd like to know what "direct access" is. You can either exit at Minnesota Avenue and travel almost three miles north to reach downtown, or you can exit at 10th Street and go a mile or so west. The highway itself goes nowhere near the downtown area, despite providing exits to two roads that do.

Along with this, here's the website for the corridor study currently being conducted at the 26th Street exit, exit 5. I believe I mentioned this in another thread:
http://26thstreetcorridorstudy.com/
You don't realize how convenient gridded cities are until you move somewhere the roads are a mess.

Counties

M86

Quote from: TCN7JM on October 13, 2013, 09:30:56 AM
I'd like to know what "direct access" is. You can either exit at Minnesota Avenue and travel almost three miles north to reach downtown, or you can exit at 10th Street and go a mile or so west. The highway itself goes nowhere near the downtown area, despite providing exits to two roads that do.

Well, that's messing with semantics... but both Minnesota and 10th are crappy links to downtown.

I remember reading an idea about extending the downtown loop to 12th Street, east of Cliff Avenue, and having 12th Street and 10th Street one-way to Sycamore Avenue.  This was in some sort of study, and I know it was on siouxfalls.org... and it was within the past 2 years.

TCN7JM

I don't think that's being considered anymore. They were going to widen the intersection of 10th and Sycamore this summer but they pushed it back to next summer for reasons I don't know (assuming lack of time). I think the plan is to add a right turn lane on 10th heading east.
You don't realize how convenient gridded cities are until you move somewhere the roads are a mess.

Counties

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.