News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

__________ is/are overrated.

Started by kphoger, April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Bagels.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

snowc

zachary_amaryllis

clinched:
I-64, I-80, I-76 (west), *64s in hampton roads, 225,270,180 (co, wy)

JayhawkCO

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

snowc

Quote from: zachary_amaryllis on April 28, 2022, 11:17:49 AM
Satellite internet.
I dont do satellite because of them being slow.
I do cable internet. Its faster.

1995hoo

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

JayhawkCO

snowc

Quote from: 1995hoo on April 28, 2022, 11:36:43 AM
Highway Gothic road signs.
Got them here. Agree with them being overrated. Also in NY.

SP Cook

Roads:

- Natchez Trace Parkway (not that scenic)
- West Virginia Turnpike (Wikipedia article still has the "88 miles of miracle"  line; its an ordinary 4 lane road in the Appalachians, not special, and, in fact, the northern third is substandard)
- All "new"  interstates, 73, 74, 69, 99, etc.  (Just use the underlaying US route numbers, nothing says a US or State route cannot be of interstate quality).
- US 66 (Only famous because it worked in a song, really never this mega important highway).

Off-topic:

- Chicago.
- Jeff Ruby steakhouses.
- Fenway Park.

abefroman329

Quote from: SP Cook on April 28, 2022, 11:49:55 AM
Roads:

- Natchez Trace Parkway (not that scenic)
- West Virginia Turnpike (Wikipedia article still has the "88 miles of miracle"  line; its an ordinary 4 lane road in the Appalachians, not special, and, in fact, the northern third is substandard)
- All "new"  interstates, 73, 74, 69, 99, etc.  (Just use the underlaying US route numbers, nothing says a US or State route cannot be of interstate quality).
- US 66 (Only famous because it worked in a song, really never this mega important highway).

Off-topic:

- Chicago.
- Jeff Ruby steakhouses.
- Fenway Park.
You forgot Wrigley Field - multimillion-dollar renovation and the place still smells like hot-dog-and-Old-Style farts.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 10:42:16 AM
Bagels.

Depends where you get them from. If they're done right, they're excellent. I've even had homemade bagels a few times, and those are pretty, pretty good.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on April 28, 2022, 11:55:33 AM

Bagels.

Depends where you get them from. If they're done right, they're excellent. I've even had homemade bagels a few times, and those are pretty, pretty good.

They're overrated.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on April 28, 2022, 12:00:35 PM
Quote from: webny99 on April 28, 2022, 11:55:33 AM

Bagels.

They're overrated.

:fight:

abefroman329

Max Rockatansky

US Route 66 (hot take, even though it is still one of my favorite highways)

CtrlAltDel

Don't sell its overratedness short. Route 66 is also famous because of a book, the movie based off that book, a different book, a television show, and an oil company.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

mgk920

plain

Newark born, Richmond bred

jlam

SP Cook

Quote from: abefroman329 on April 28, 2022, 11:55:18 AM

You forgot Wrigley Field - multimillion-dollar renovation and the place still smells like hot-dog-and-Old-Style farts.

Everybody I talk to says the same.  I have never been, and was trying to keep it to my personal knowledge.  My list of away ballparks (I live in Reds Country) is pretty short.

SectorZ

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on April 28, 2022, 12:35:14 PM

Don't sell its overratedness short. Route 66 is also famous because of a book, the movie based off that book, a different book, a television show, and an oil company.

What is really maddening to me is looking through minutes the AASHTO and seeing a totally different narrative for US 66 than has been cooked up by pop culture.  Just presenting actual evidence to US 66 fans that the highway never ended at 7th and Broadway in Los Angeles was met with a bunch of backlash.  I think it was even the impetus for when I created the "Road Mandela Effect Thread."

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: SectorZ on April 28, 2022, 01:36:54 PM
Target

It's just a cleaner, brighter Walmart. Change my mind.

My entries:
Breakfast food
Marvel Cinematic movies
Disney theme parks
Led Zeppelin
Chipotle/any fast casual Mexican-inspired food
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.