News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Man shuts down I-45 in Houston to...propose?

Started by Zeffy, December 15, 2015, 10:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeffy

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mans-romantic-gesture-shuts-down-one-of-houstons-busiest-freeways/ar-BBnyi3v#image=5

Title says it all - I'm sure the people who had to wait were NOT pleased, and the perpetrator might have to face fines depending on what the police investigation yields.
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

kkt

Really, the middle of a freeway surrounded by justifiably pissed off people is the most romantic setting you can think of?

TXtoNJ

Quote from: kkt on December 15, 2015, 11:42:41 AM
Really, the middle of a freeway surrounded by justifiably pissed off people is the most romantic setting you can think of?

Well, to a certain kind of narcissist, forcing the world to shut down because you're proposing to your girlfriend does have some sort of warped appeal.

Henry

Quote from: TXtoNJ on December 15, 2015, 12:00:49 PM

Well, to a certain kind of narcissist, forcing the world to shut down because you're proposing to your girlfriend does have some sort of warped appeal.
Is he a roadgeek, by any chance? And if so, would it be someone we know?
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Pete from Boston

Quote from: TXtoNJ on December 15, 2015, 12:00:49 PM

From The Onion:

Romantic-Comedy Behavior Gets Real-Life Man Arrested

jeffandnicole

"Hey, we've been invited to Navas' wedding & reception in the Intersection of Westheimer and Hillcroft Roads"

"Oh great.  But I think you mean At the Intersection.  What's there?"

"It says IN the intersection!"

The Ghostbuster

He: "Will you marry me in the middle of Interstate 45?"
She: No, we'd get run over, how about in front of a light rail car?"

yakra

Practicality. Safety. Cool (Sub)Urban Exploration bonus points. Yeah, man, that's it! I'm takin' my girl to the I-84/291 stack! (Wait.... who?)
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.