News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

TX 130 southern extension to open in October

Started by wxfree, October 02, 2012, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinupanda

Quote from: yakra on November 06, 2012, 12:37:15 AM
Anyone got any info on exit numbers?
They're visible in the video posted upthread... if you've got the reflexes to pause it at the right time.  :D

BiggieJohn

Quote from: kinupanda on November 06, 2012, 04:24:38 PM
Quote from: yakra on November 06, 2012, 12:37:15 AM
Anyone got any info on exit numbers?
They're visible in the video posted upthread... if you've got the reflexes to pause it at the right time.  :D

Southbound, south of 45

exit 460 Old Lockhart rd

exit 461 TX21,   Briarpatch Rd,  Homannvillle Tr

exit 464  Schuelke Rd

exit 466 FM1185, FM2001

exit 470 US183 south

exit 471 TX121   / TX142 Ceasar Chavez Pkwy

exit 482 TX80 / San Marcos - Luling

exit 484  FM621

exit 491 FM20

exit 496 US90

Northbound from I-10 to SH45

exit 491 FM20

exit 484 FM621

exit 482  TX80

exit 475 Maple St

exit 474 TX142,   FM2001

exit 470  US183

exit 469  FM1185

exit 465 Briarpatch Rd / Homannville Tr

exit 463 TX21,    Laws Rd

exit 460 US183 north

exit 458  SH45 west

yakra

Awesome, thanks for the info!

I've been working on getting the extension added to the Clinched Highway Mapping site, and this helps tremendously with placing and naming the points.

I've made a Google Map to help wrap my head around it, as Texas and its frontage road interchanges are always fun.

Now that I've taken it all in, I've noticed some oddities...
- Exit numbers seem to be based on where the ramp leaves the mainline, rather than the center of the interchange. So TX21 is Exit 461 southbound & 463 northbound, and FM1185 is Exit 466 southbound & 469 northbound.
These two are no big deal; the rule of thumb here is to just label the point with the lower of the two exit numbers that apply.
- Exit 460 leads to different places southbound and northbound, but whatever, this isn't unprecedented. The northern half-diamond, I'll probably just fold into point 458 as part of the Loop 45 interchange.
- But wait, what's this? Any way you slice it, Exit 464 is south of 465.  :hmmm: Is this correct?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

wxfree

Quote from: yakra on November 08, 2012, 01:35:12 PM
- Exit numbers seem to be based on where the ramp leaves the mainline, rather than the center of the interchange.

That's my observation on Texas Interstates.  Exit numbers are based on the mile number of the mile from which the exit departs the mainlanes in the direction of increasing numbers (going east or north).  The westbound or southbound exit ramp may be in a different mile, but will have the same number.  There are exceptions, of course, when different ramps access different roads, or when one direction has more exits than the other.  I've seen a few situations in which the mile marker is just after the exit ramp starts, and the exit number corresponds to the lower mile number (the mile number before the marker, where the exit ramp starts).  I didn't pay attention to this feature on 130.
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

kphoger

Quote from: kphoger on November 01, 2012, 08:33:52 PM
I wonder how long it will take me to talk myself into getting a TxTag, just so I can bypass Austin and all those other pseudotowns between there and San Antonio.

Does anyone know the specific process by which the toll authority finds out where to send the bill for Pay-by-Mail?  That is to say, if I wanted to verify ahead of time that they would end up with my correct address, whom should I contact?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

wxfree

Quote from: kphoger on December 17, 2012, 04:59:49 PM
I wonder how long it will take me to talk myself into getting a TxTag, just so I can bypass Austin and all those other pseudotowns between there and San Antonio.

Does anyone know the specific process by which the toll authority finds out where to send the bill for Pay-by-Mail?  That is to say, if I wanted to verify ahead of time that they would end up with my correct address, whom should I contact?

The bill is sent to the vehicle's registered owner.  In Texas, we get a registration renewal notice each year.  It's sent to the address TxDMV has on file.  I don't know if you get anything like that in Kansas.  If you haven't changed addresses since you registered your car, the address should be correct.  If you're uncertain, you can check with the DMV (or vehicle registration authority in your state).  That's where they get the address to send the bill to.

kphoger

Quote from: wxfree on December 17, 2012, 05:36:06 PM

The bill is sent to the vehicle's registered owner.  In Texas, we get a registration renewal notice each year.  It's sent to the address TxDMV has on file.  I don't know if you get anything like that in Kansas.  If you haven't changed addresses since you registered your car, the address should be correct.  If you're uncertain, you can check with the DMV (or vehicle registration authority in your state).  That's where they get the address to send the bill to.

Thank you.  Kansas had a huge mix-up with people's information last year, making me less eager to trust the Pay-by-Mail system.  I just wondered if there might be someone in Texas to talk to, or just the DMV here in Kansas.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

wxfree

Quote from: kphoger on December 17, 2012, 05:44:58 PM
Quote from: wxfree on December 17, 2012, 05:36:06 PM

Thank you.  Kansas had a huge mix-up with people's information last year, making me less eager to trust the Pay-by-Mail system.  I just wondered if there might be someone in Texas to talk to, or just the DMV here in Kansas.

If there is a problem and you don't get a bill after about a month, you can contact the Texas toll authority directly and make sure you cover the tolls due.  http://www.texastollways.com/content/contact-us.php

It would be a good idea to keep records of your toll road use, since they'll probably ask you what roads you used on what days to verify your identity.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.