News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Philadelphia

Started by Alex, August 18, 2009, 03:06:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

storm2k

Quote from: 74/171FAN on July 14, 2022, 11:01:12 AM
(For US 1) PennDOT - District 6 News: U.S. 1 (Roosevelt Expressway) Periodic Stoppages at Night Next Week for Overhead Sign Installation in Philadelphia

Sounds like a few of those old non-reflective button copy gems are meeting their ends to be replaced by PennDOT's unique interpretation of Clearview (the proportions never seem right to me).

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

The updated CE2 has been posted in the CE Expert System for I-95 in Penn's Landing as of August 18th.

74/171FAN

The updated CE1b has been posted for the Byberry Rd CSX Bridge Replacement  (the bridge near the PA 63 freeway stub that currently has a 3-ton weight limit).

PennDOT - District 6 News: I-95 Lane Closures at Night Scheduled Through October for Bridge Repair in South Philadelphia

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

roadman65

Is the side mounted signals without overheads on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly done to not effect the view of City Hall looking SE Bound on the Parkway as well as the NW Bound view of the Art Museum?

I read that city planners made the BF Parkway diagonal through the city between City Hall and the Museum on purpose to offer a linear line of sight between the two as well as create a park between the two.  So I assume the mast arms would ruin those views.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

74/171FAN

Quote from: roadman65 on September 04, 2022, 07:10:49 AM
Is the side mounted signals without overheads on the Ben Franklin Parkway in Philly done to not effect the view of City Hall looking SE Bound on the Parkway as well as the NW Bound view of the Art Museum?

I read that city planners made the BF Parkway diagonal through the city between City Hall and the Museum on purpose to offer a linear line of sight between the two as well as create a park between the two.  So I assume the mast arms would ruin those views.

I'd move this post to the Philly thread if I could. 

Alps

Quote from: 74/171FAN on September 04, 2022, 08:44:32 AM
Quote from: roadman65 on September 04, 2022, 07:10:49 AM

I'd move this post to the Philly thread if I could. 
I can ;)

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

bluecountry

When is the awful mess of I-95 south of Philly going to be finished?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.