News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Mississippi State Highways - provisional? (Route 26)

Started by M3100, August 27, 2020, 12:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M3100

Are Mississippi State Highway numbers "provisional" or otherwise not "official"?  The reason I ask - while mapping routes traveled on the TM site, Mississippi SR 67 is the only one listed.  Most Mississippi routes listed are the Interstates or US Highways (and a few other types).

I rode on Mississippi SR 26 west from Wiggins to the Louisiana state line.  I also rode a short segment of SR 63 near Moss Point.  Are those routes no longer able to be 'clinched'?

Mapmikey

Mississippi State Route System is not yet added to TM

formulanone

There also seems to be some concern with how well the Mississippi state highways are posted. Routes 1-198 are well-signed and the 300-to-600 series are usually marked on maps and in the field. A few of the 300+ are either partially or entirely County-maintained, and Google Street View is weak or even non-existent in places.

The 700-900 series is much more haphazard; usually 700s are posted, 800s a bit more scarce, but 900s (except for 902 and 923) are almost never posted. Many are just tiny spur routes leading to post offices and city halls, or short connectors between two other principal highways.

M3100

Thanks for the replies.  I realize that TM is a 'work in progress', as they say, but did not check the status of what highways are available in the database. (Now I know to do that).

For that matter, my listings of routes I have traveled is a work in progress.  It's all part of the adventure of highway travel.  I'll submit updates at some point in the future when the other MS highways are added to TM.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.