News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Former US 99 in Goshen, Traver, and the Warlow Rest Area

Started by Max Rockatansky, August 02, 2020, 10:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I'm working on a new article for the alignment history of US Route 99 in Goshen, Traver, and the Warlow Rest Area.  I've written the historic section but it will be a little bit before I get to the point of view drive segments.  I drew my alignment maps already so I figured that I would get them at least posted:

1 Goshen by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

2 Traver by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

3 Warlow by Max Rockatansky, on Flickr

sparker

Cool!  Love Bravo Farms in Traver -- they're always coming up with some novel variety of cheese that doesn't taste like anything on the market -- back in 2012 I stopped here on my move up from Hesperia to get some cheese as a gift for my temporary hosts -- they had something called "Valley Gold" that seemed like a cross between a nice Gruyere and an aged Cheddar.  Got a couple pounds of it; it was gobbled up within a few days, so I had to snag some more when I went back with a van a couple of weeks later to get some of my furniture from storage down south.  Nice people running the place, always helpful with product suggestions -- and hints as to what new cheese types they're working on.  Also easy to get on and off, particularly NB.  Makes the 99 vs. 5 decision easy! 

Max Rockatansky

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.