News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

RIP David Ogden Stiers

Started by US71, March 03, 2018, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 08, 2018, 10:06:19 AM
Quote from: roadman on March 07, 2018, 03:36:22 PMIt was actually a cribbage game where Winchester stripped the pants off of his CO (Col. Baldwin) that got him assigned to M*A*S*H.

Potter to Baldwin: "I'm desperate for a temporary surgeon.  Can you spare anyone?"

Baldwin:  "No, it's not possible."

Winchester (interrupting Baldwin):  "It seems I made a slight error.  You owe me six hundred forty two dollars and seventeen cents."

Baldwin to Potter:  "It's possible!"
Actually Baldwin isn't talking on the phone to Potter.  Earlier in that scene, he mentions "Oh yeah, that's Potter's outfit.  What do they want?"

It's not known nor revealed who Col. Baldwin was actually talking to over the phone.
Ah yes.  I confused that scene with a later scene where Potter WAS talking directly to Baldwin.  After Baldwin agrees to assign Winchester to M*A*S*H permanently, there's a pause - then Potter says "Oh really, that's good to know.  Thank you."  As evidenced by a later scene (see my next post), presumably Baldwin told Potter about the cribbage debt.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

roadman

QuoteLater, Winchester to Potter:  "You mean to tell me I'm stationed in this hellhole solely because I owe somebody six hundred and forty two dollars and seventeen cents??  That's ridiculous!"

Potter:  "Of course not.  You're here because I need you!"

Which was immediately preceded by:

Potter to Winchester:  "I've got some good news Major.  You're stationed with us permanently."

Winchester:  "Nonsense.  Col. Baldwin assured me this was a temporary assignment."

Potter:  "Is this the same Col. Baldwin who owes you over six hundred dollars?"

Winchester:  "Yes."

Potter:  "Need I say more."

(quotes approximate from memory - thanks to PHLBOS for corrections)
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

PHLBOS

Quote from: roadman on March 09, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Potter:  "Is this the same Col. Baldwin who owes you six hundred forty two dollars and seventeen cents?"
(quotes approximate from memory)
Close.  Potter wasn't that exact in stating the amount.

Quote from: Col. Potter to Maj. WinchesterIs this the same Col. Baldwin who owes you over six-hundred dollars?
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman

Quote from: PHLBOS on March 09, 2018, 02:27:43 PM
Quote from: roadman on March 09, 2018, 11:46:59 AM
Potter:  "Is this the same Col. Baldwin who owes you six hundred forty two dollars and seventeen cents?"
(quotes approximate from memory)
Close.  Potter wasn't that exact in stating the amount.

Quote from: Col. Potter to Maj. WinchesterIs this the same Col. Baldwin who owes you over six-hundred dollars?

Again, you are correct - I've revised my post.  And, this discussion has got me wanting to re-watch Fade Out - Fade In (the title of the episode), which I'll probably do sometime this weekend.

PHLBOS

^^I may have mentioned this in another thread.  I have all the episodes on DVD; so whenever there's a death of a cast member, I'll play several episodes that involve that character and/or the plot focuses on said-character.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.