News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eth

Another cold weekend in Atlanta. We dropped into the mid-30s this morning and cloud cover helped keep it down to around 57 this afternoon, conditions more typical of mid-February (which, of course, was when we actually had consistent 70s like we should have now!)

A warming trend this week should put us into the 75-80 range by about Thursday, then...of course...storms and another cold front for the weekend. On track for probably the worst Atlanta spring I can recall.

jp the roadgeek

We've been having a lovely February this April pretty much everywhere east of the Mississippi and north of I-10.  Highs were only in the low 40's today in Southern New England, with lows in the low 20's and more of the same tomorrow and Tuesday, with the threat of snow on Tuesday.  I could see this kind of weather in northern Maine, but all the way down past NYC?!?  We should not be seeing lows in the low 20's after early March.   Hoping and praying the warm air that will be on our doorstep punches through next weekend and we hit the low 70's instead of the possible maritime air that would keep us in the 50's.  After the coldest first half of Spring I can remember, we deserve it.   
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: webny99 on April 08, 2018, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 08, 2018, 03:30:36 AM
I like the unpredictability of Upper Midwest weather in early April. :)
You want unpredictable? Try Upstate New York.

Yeah, but then you have to live in New York. :bigass:

Sorry I'm sure it's nice please don't hurt me

webny99

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 09, 2018, 12:41:55 AM
Quote from: webny99 on April 08, 2018, 06:45:19 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 08, 2018, 03:30:36 AM
I like the unpredictability of Upper Midwest weather in early April. :)
You want unpredictable? Try Upstate New York.

Yeah, but then you have to live in New York. :bigass:

Sorry I'm sure it's nice please don't hurt me

I'm tempted to go on an epic rant about how Upstate is so much different than the city, how it's an awesome place despite being in New York State, etc. etc.

I'll preserve you though  :D

ET21

Another inch of snow for Chicago  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

index

Weird weather. Snow a few nights ago, and now approaching the 80s later this week, then right back to low 60s. North Carolina (and plenty other states) can have plenty seasons in a week.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on April 10, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
Looks like we're about to experience some more the mid 20's temp bullshit this weekend.  :banghead:

Sorry, I know this isn't some sort of temperature-tolerance dick-measuring contest... but seeing someone complain about weather in the 20s (°F) amuses me.

It was 20-ish degrees here a couple days ago and I just shrugged.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Plutonic Panda on April 10, 2018, 05:34:58 AM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 10, 2018, 05:29:17 AM
Quote from: Plutonic Panda on April 10, 2018, 05:03:15 AM
Looks like we're about to experience some more the mid 20's temp bullshit this weekend.  :banghead:
Sorry, I know this isn't some sort of temperature-tolerance dick-measuring contest... but seeing someone complain about weather in the 20s (°F) amuses me.

It was 20-ish degrees here a couple days ago and I just shrugged.
Haha, probably viewed the same way me living Los Angeles and having to hear people in Oklahoma City complain about traffic I assume? I hate the cold with a few exceptions. I don't know how I'd survive in MN but I'm sure I'd eventually get used to it. In LA, it isn't uncommon for people to start wearing scarfs when it gets below 60 or even 65. I feel right at home there!

And the day before it hit only 20 above, it was 44 during the day. I was wearing only shorts and a t-shirt outside. ;-)

LM117

I feel sorry for the migrating geese. The poor fuckers don't know where the hell they're supposed to fly. One day I'm outside in a T-shirt being chased by bees and the next day I'm seeing goddamn snowflakes. I can't deal. :crazy:
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

adventurernumber1

The migrating geese must have done something terrible to Mother Nature, for all she is putting them through.  X-(   :bigass:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: adventurernumber1 on April 10, 2018, 10:35:11 AM
The migrating geese must have done something terrible to Mother Nature, for all she is putting them through.  X-(   :bigass:

Well, Canadian geese are a bunch of pricks.

CNGL-Leudimin

Who said global warming? Apparently climate change is more like season shift. My area is also below normal, with maxima below 50°F and snowing in the mountains.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

webny99

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on April 10, 2018, 11:06:32 AM
Quote from: adventurernumber1 on April 10, 2018, 10:35:11 AM

Well, Canadian geese are a bunch of pricks.

Around here, the geese fly east in November, south in January, and west in March. In addition to being pricks, I think they're a little screwed  :paranoid: :-D

Eth

It's a clear 64-degree evening here after a high of around 80. Despite that, I find myself venturing outside only when absolutely necessary thanks to back-to-back days with pollen counts over 5000, which my sinuses do not appreciate in the slightest. So I have mixed feelings about the rain expected to come in Saturday night—Sunday morning; hopefully that won't derail any weekend plans, but it should at least temporarily remove the yellow coating over everything.

jakeroot

So far, April in Seattle has been a total disappointment. Passing showers almost every day since the first, and highs maxing out in the mid-60s on a few days only (mostly low- to mid-50s). March felt like summer in comparison.

adventurernumber1

Quote from: Eth on April 12, 2018, 08:57:44 PM
It's a clear 64-degree evening here after a high of around 80. Despite that, I find myself venturing outside only when absolutely necessary thanks to back-to-back days with pollen counts over 5000, which my sinuses do not appreciate in the slightest. So I have mixed feelings about the rain expected to come in Saturday night—Sunday morning; hopefully that won't derail any weekend plans, but it should at least temporarily remove the yellow coating over everything.

You are not alone with the pollen problems. Spring is visually a beautiful season, but it is the worst one for me physically. This is because my sinuses, too, go absolutely nuts from the pollen. I will get the sneezing and the fiercely itchy eyes like crazy, and more. I was in South Carolina on vacation last week, but the whole time I was sneezing (and even had a few nose bleeds, aggravated by both that and my high blood pressure) and itching all over the place, since I was outside a lot. It was beautiful, but I had to suffer physically, unfortunately.  :-(
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: jakeroot on April 12, 2018, 11:03:14 PM
So far, April in Seattle has been a total disappointment. Passing showers almost every day since the first, and highs maxing out in the mid-60s on a few days only (mostly low- to mid-50s). March felt like summer in comparison.

Spring, until yesterday and today, has been nonexistent in the northeastern US.  It's been absolutely miserable, with March and April having both resembled February.   Even after this April Thaw with 70's yesterday and maybe 70 today, we'll see cold rain possibly mixed with sleet at higher elevations and highs in the 30's tomorrow X-(  with 6-12"  of snow possible in northern New England. 
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

7/8

We're experiencing a "potentially historic" freezing rain warning in Southern Ontario: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/possible-ice-storm-for-london-and-area-1.4620055. Luckily I'm staying home studying anyway (though it would suck if the power goes out).

ET21

Another inch of snow in Chicago  :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :pan: :no:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

adventurernumber1

I just got this notification just now during school, to my surprise. Not only did Spring cancel its reservations, but it got a refund for everything it ever paid for. Who would've thought this would happen here (snow) with it being the middle of April.  :-o  :crazy:

AsphaltPlanet

Quote from: 7/8 on April 14, 2018, 11:37:04 AM
We're experiencing a "potentially historic" freezing rain warning in Southern Ontario: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/possible-ice-storm-for-london-and-area-1.4620055. Luckily I'm staying home studying anyway (though it would suck if the power goes out).

Freezing rain we did get.  This is from the backyard:

AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

dvferyance

What gets me is why do they still call it a winter storm warning or a winter weather advisory ect. The official end of winter was March 20th almost a month ago yet they still call it winter when it technically isn't.

hotdogPi

Quote from: dvferyance on April 16, 2018, 04:41:35 PM
What gets me is why do they still call it a winter storm warning or a winter weather advisory ect. The official end of winter was March 20th almost a month ago yet they still call it winter when it technically isn't.

Winter weather sometimes happens outside winter. They're not saying it's still winter.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

DaBigE

Quote from: dvferyance on April 16, 2018, 04:41:35 PM

Likely because saying "winter" is more encompassing of the multiple types of precipitation that can occur during a single storm. Summer storms typically only have rain or hail...much more discrete and easier to differentiate. Depending on your specific location and the time of day this past weekend, we had snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet, or graupel.
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: DaBigE on April 16, 2018, 05:08:13 PM
Depending on your specific location and the time of day this past weekend, we had snow, rain, freezing rain, sleet, or graupel.

I actually experienced a bit of approximately pea-sized hail over the weekend, in addition to rain.

Then, later that day, the rain turned into snow. Go figure.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.