News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Rare Find

Started by US71, October 14, 2010, 12:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

I found an old 2d style sign for AR 126 this last weekend.  Last of its kind on 126, probably the last one in Baxter County.

Missouri still has a few out there, but Arkansas has been very aggressive in replacing theirs the last couple years.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

I don't think I've ever seen a Missouri with Series A.  Did they use A or B on their three-digit routes?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 14, 2010, 01:26:25 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a Missouri with Series A.  Did they use A or B on their three-digit routes?

Looks like B to me.

Alps

www.alpsroads.net/roads/ar/ar_161/67wn.jpg Blame anyone but me for why this link doesn't work - cut and paste.

US71

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 14, 2010, 07:44:38 PM
www.alpsroads.net/roads/ar/ar_161/67wn.jpg Failed to fix

How old is that photo?

agentsteel53

www.alpsroads.net/roads/ar/ar_161/67wn.jpg Failed to fix

way to advertise a link that doesn't work.  Damn referer.  Damn firefox not being able to figure out that it's a direct link, as opposed to a leech attempt, and therefore stripping the referer once the 403 is served.

(unless your server doesn't even give 403 as part of the redirect to the main page, in which case damn your server ;) )

jake@aaroads.com

bugo

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 14, 2010, 09:35:11 PM
www.alpsroads.net/roads/ar/ar_161/67wn.jpg

way to advertise a link that doesn't work.  Damn referer.  Damn firefox not being able to figure out that it's a direct link, as opposed to a leech attempt, and therefore stripping the referer once the 403 is served.

(unless your server doesn't even give 403 as part of the redirect to the main page, in which case damn your server ;) )

It didn't work for me, but I copied and pasted the URL into the browser and it worked.  Try that.

agentsteel53

oh, I know how to get around it - I just hate that this browser misfeature has been around since the days of Netscape Navigator.

jake@aaroads.com

Alps

Quote from: US71 on October 14, 2010, 08:31:23 PM
www.alpsroads.net/roads/ar/ar_161/67wn.jpg

How old is that photo?

February 2010.

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 14, 2010, 09:35:11 PM

It ought to!  I have a nice custom 403 page and everything.

agentsteel53

Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 15, 2010, 08:03:49 PM

it redirects me to the main page.  I am not sure if a referer-interpreted-as-hotlink causes a 403.  It may be a different HTTP code and thus might need a different reaction.

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 15, 2010, 10:51:14 PM

it redirects me to the main page.  I am not sure if a referer-interpreted-as-hotlink causes a 403.  It may be a different HTTP code and thus might need a different reaction.

Same here. Luckily, I was able to follow separate links to find what I was looking for ;)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: agentsteel53 on October 15, 2010, 10:51:14 PM
Quote from: AlpsROADS on October 15, 2010, 08:03:49 PM

This is not just a Firefox problem.  The same thing happens in IE.

US71

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on October 16, 2010, 08:39:18 PM

This is not just a Firefox problem.  The same thing happens in IE.

And Opera

Alps

Figured it out - it's a side effect of disabling hotlinking.  Unfortunately, it does not appear that I can disable hotlinking (i.e. showing my images directly) while preserving access via direct linking.  It's an all or nothing proposition.  If someone can tell me otherwise, I'd be appreciative.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.