News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

I-69 Signage through Memphis (incl. MS and KY)

Started by ssummers72, January 20, 2009, 09:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

I want to post an update on this.  TDOT "might" at least post an "End I-69" shield at the State Border on I-55.  I sent an e-mail to Steve Chipman who is the head project manager of I-69 Segment 9.

He said the main reason why nothing other than "Future Corridor I-69" signs have been posted is because of the existing economic conditions.  They also "do not see a benefit in signing existing routes until more of I-69 is completed.  It would require modifying overhead and ground mount signs, added cost for surveying/establishing locations, developing a plan, and securing funding."

However, my suggestion in the e-mail to at least post an "End I-69" shield at the State Line "might have merit".  He said he would pass that idea along "for consideration to see if it was possible".  If it does happen, it would be the first "true" I-69 sign to be posted in TN, even if it has the "End" banner on top of it.

NE2

Most likely they'll ask Mississippi to, which frankly makes more sense, since it's Mississippi that wanted to sign it to the state line.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

froggie

Until "more of I-69 is completed", it makes more sense to limit I-69 signage.  Adding an END sign isn't going to do much more than confuse people.

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

agentsteel53

Quote from: cjk374 on March 16, 2011, 06:54:47 PM

VERY NICE!!!!!  Non-neutered shields!   :clap:

Mississippi started bringing back the state name around 2008.  I hear Louisiana is next.  Tennessee?  Good luck!
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

brownpelican

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 16, 2011, 11:12:33 PM
Quote from: cjk374 on March 16, 2011, 06:54:47 PM

VERY NICE!!!!!  Non-neutered shields!   :clap:

Mississippi started bringing back the state name around 2008.  I hear Louisiana is next.  Tennessee?  Good luck!

Really? The next time I head to New Orleans, I'll check for such signs between Causeway and the 610 split in Metairie.

agentsteel53

Quote from: brownpelican on March 18, 2011, 03:57:02 PM

Really? The next time I head to New Orleans, I'll check for such signs between Causeway and the 610 split in Metairie.

Jeff Royston just scoured the I-10 corridor and found precisely one new state-named shield.  It's on a green sign in the town of Iowa, with a control city of Lake Charles.

my computer is being wonky so I can't upload it.  Alex, a little help?

jake@aaroads.com

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

agentsteel53

Quote from: Adam Smith on March 20, 2011, 03:41:46 PM
La 383 or US 165?

not sure.  I just got the photo and the description that it's in Iowa.

jake@aaroads.com

Alex

cjk374

:wow:  That looks sweet! Saves us the trip to Iowa (pronounced I-way)!   :sombrero:

Hot Rod Hootenanny

La 383 then. The US 165 interchange with I-10 is a folded diamond with no services, as I recall (from 2007).
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Anthony_JK

Yeah, that's LA 383, all right.

And looky here....FHWA Series C font....no Clearview!!  What happened, LADoTD, used up all the Clearview on I-49 between Lafayette and Opelousas???  LOL

Anthony

brownpelican

They've been putting them on state highways.

cjk374

Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 23, 2011, 10:56:03 PM
Yeah, that's LA 383, all right.

And looky here....FHWA Series C font....no Clearview!!  What happened, LADoTD, used up all the Clearview on I-49 between Lafayette and Opelousas???  LOL

Anthony

And I hope they lost the directions to the clearview store!   :pan:

Ian

That I-10 green sign looks really nice!

Quote from: Anthony_JK on March 23, 2011, 10:56:03 PM

Uh yeah, I don't see what the problem is!  :)
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

Grzrd

Quote from: froggie on November 13, 2010, 01:26:15 PM
Problem there is, outside of the Clarksdale bypass, none of the "concurrently with existing highways" is even remotely considered freeway, let alone Interstate grade.  They should be able to post "Future I-69 Corridor" guide signs, but actual Future I-69 shields is a no-go until MDOT upgrades more of the corridor to freeway.
Not surprisingly, froggie called it ...

Last Friday, Clarksdale community leaders unveiled a new "Future I-69 Corridor" sign (linked article has a photo of the sign):

http://www.pressregister.com/articles/2011/04/06/news/doc4d9b12f614e3d422793615.txt

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on March 16, 2011, 11:12:33 PM

I-49 is a mix of Neutered & Named Shields.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

Quote from: US71 on April 07, 2011, 02:21:53 PM

new ones?  I just know of two surviving I-49 shields with state name from the last Louisiana state-named signing batch, which was around 1991.  One is on the mainline and one is at a nearby exit.

jake@aaroads.com

US71

Quote from: agentsteel53 on April 07, 2011, 04:39:35 PM
Quote from: US71 on April 07, 2011, 02:21:53 PM

new ones?  I just know of two surviving I-49 shields with state name from the last Louisiana state-named signing batch, which was around 1991.  One is on the mainline and one is at a nearby exit.

I didn't get a good look (it was getting dark), but I saw at least 2 or 3  "named" between Lafayette & Alexandria two weeks ago, but more neutered than named
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

agentsteel53

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.