News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Seeking Maryland route info

Started by hbelkins, April 11, 2010, 10:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Looking for the fastest and best route to get from the Havre de Grace/Aberdeen/Bel Air area of Maryland over to Reisterstown without going all the way down to Baltimore. Suggestions appreciated.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

froggie

Your fastest route is going to involve I-695, especially if you're on the Bay side of I-95.  Those backroads just aren't made for quick travel.

hbelkins

What I want to do is clinch I-795, without having to go all the way to 695, around to 795, then north to Reisterstown and then back south to Towson, which is where I plan to stay Friday night ... that's assuming I get to make the trip at all, I may have to cancel.

Alps

Don't worry about 795, it'll be covered in the after-meet.

MDRoads

There are ways across, but they're of the scenic type, and not for making any serious time, unless it's a bad day on I-95 or I-695.

Quote from: froggie on April 12, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
Your fastest route is going to involve I-695, especially if you're on the Bay side of I-95.  Those backroads just aren't made for quick travel.

hbelkins

Quote from: MDRoads on April 15, 2010, 12:40:03 AM
There are ways across, but they're of the scenic type, and not for making any serious time, unless it's a bad day on I-95 or I-695.

Quote from: froggie on April 12, 2010, 05:49:31 PM

Scenic is good, but it's a moot point now. I'm not leaving until Friday, if at all, so it'll be a semi-normal route from Kentucky to Maryland.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.