British 'Transport' font used in the US

Started by CrystalWalrein, October 11, 2016, 06:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrystalWalrein

jakeroot

I've seen at least two signs here in Western Washington that I'm pretty sure are Transport:

english si

Quote from: CrystalWalrein on October 11, 2016, 06:44:34 PMOn Texas Spur 349, north of Del Rio.
This one doesn't look like Transport. Perhaps it's the thin stroke-width (is Medium, when it should be Heavy? It looks too thin for Medium) throwing me off - the all caps examples don't look like it either because Transport is always used mixed-case in the UK.

Certainly the ½ on that sign isn't Transport as Transport doesn't have the line (as it means the numbers have to be smaller).

CrystalWalrein

The fraction is probably the result of the software used to draw up the sign (GuidSign, I suspect). But the numerals definitely match up. It could even be the more recent commercial version of the font (Transport 2000?), which does have a lighter weight.

JUHSD-rvalencia

In Lodi, CA the overhead signs on intersections with signals has these, or if I'm wrong?

jakeroot

Quote from: JUHSD-rvalencia on June 25, 2020, 02:30:27 AM
In Lodi, CA the overhead signs on intersections with signals has these, or if I'm wrong?

Could you provide a Google Maps link? Images that I'm seeing do not show anything other than FHWA ("Highway Gothic").

Alps

Quote from: JUHSD-rvalencia on June 25, 2020, 02:30:27 AM
Please read our rules carefully. You should not be resurrecting old posts unless you have something to add. In this case you do, which is fine, but we have had to remove some that do not add content. Thank you.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.